jon at endpoint
Dec 31, 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #1 of 1
The Interchange Development Group is pleased to announce the release
Interchange 5.4 now available
of Interchange 5.4, the latest production-ready version of our web
application server. Of the many changes, a few highlights include:
* Improved pre-fork server model supports even higher traffic.
* Extensible architecture improvements allow more customization as well
as removal of unneeded capabilities.
* AccumulateCode capability enables more efficient use of memory for
* Email enhancements include easy attachment of HTML and files, and
development-mode interception of outgoing mail.
* Cart triggers allow custom subroutines to be executed whenever the
* Better internal XHTML support.
* New $Row object provides access to the current list row in embedded
* DispatchRoutines allows inserting initialization routines without
modifying the core.
* New demo application called "Standard" improves upon the previous
* More payment gateways supported, including an interface to CPAN's
* More languages are supported by the admin UI.
* Of course, many other feature enhancements and bugfixes.
The software and a more detailed change log are available here:
Cryptographic hashes for interchange-5.4.0.tar.gz:
We recommend that this version be used for new development. Many users
of earlier versions of Interchange will want to consider upgrading to
Interchange 5.4 after testing it for suitability with their catalogs in
a development environment.
We'd also like to call your attention to the new Interchange website
at http://www.icdevgroup.org/ which also links to the new developer
Questions should be directed to the Interchange user discussion mailing
interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
We hope you enjoy using Interchange and find it as useful as we do.
Interchange Development Group
interchange-announce mailing list
interchange-announce [at] icdevgroup