Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: users

UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG

GnuPG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Mike_Acker at charter

UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG

19.04.2012 14:45, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
I'm trying to setup Enigmail on an UBUNTU system and it gives me GnuPG:
Not Found
override ? ( browse )

what do I give it? I found gpg in the /usr directory and I can run GPG
commands from the Terminal window so GPG is clearly available.

--
/MIKE

This is second time when I answer, /usr/bin/gpg or /usr/bin/gpg2
depending on do you have package "gnupg" or "gnupg2" installed. If you
have gnupg2, I recommend /usr/bin/gpg2.

PS. Your question would be more [believable] if your email client wasn't
telling that you use Windows.
~~~
thanks for the help. You are right: I do use Windows but I am learning
to use UBUNTU: (v11.10)
I had selected pgp from the usr menu, thus /usr/pgp
When I selected it as /usr/bin/pgp -- It accepted my response and I have
OpenPGP on the menu line now

So: I should now be able to copy over my keyring

thanks for the help!! :-)

--
/MIKE

mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail

Re: UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG [In reply to]

20.04.2012 15:46, Mike Acker kirjoitti:

> 19.04.2012 14:45, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
> I'm trying to setup Enigmail on an UBUNTU system and it gives me GnuPG:
> Not Found
> override ? ( browse )
>
> what do I give it? I found gpg in the /usr directory and I can run GPG
> commands from the Terminal window so GPG is clearly available.

/usr/bin/gpg

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728

mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail

Re: UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG [In reply to]

20.04.2012 15:46, Mike Acker kirjoitti:

> 19.04.2012 14:45, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
> I'm trying to setup Enigmail on an UBUNTU system and it gives me GnuPG:
> Not Found
> override ? ( browse )
>
> what do I give it? I found gpg in the /usr directory and I can run GPG
> commands from the Terminal window so GPG is clearly available.

I will now reply the fourth time. I use "reply all" button, because the
message doesn't seem to go anywhere with only "reply list".

If you want to use gpg1 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg .
If you want to use gpg2 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg2 .
/usr/bin/gpg should work with default Ubuntu install, but if you want to
use /usr/bin/gog2, you might need to install "gnupg2".

If you are unsure, just use /usr/bin/gpg, it should work with all Debian
based systems (including Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint etc.).

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
Attachments: 0x82A46728.asc (5.78 KB)
  signature.asc (0.88 KB)

mike_acker at charter

Re: UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG [In reply to]

On 04/20/2012 09:18 AM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> 20.04.2012 15:46, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
>> 19.04.2012 14:45, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
>> I'm trying to setup Enigmail on an UBUNTU system and it gives me GnuPG:
>> Not Found
>> override ? ( browse )
>>
>> what do I give it? I found gpg in the /usr directory and I can run GPG
>> commands from the Terminal window so GPG is clearly available.
>>
> I will now reply the fourth time. I use "reply all" button, because the
> message doesn't seem to go anywhere with only "reply list".
>
> If you want to use gpg1 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg .
> If you want to use gpg2 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg2 .
> /usr/bin/gpg should work with default Ubuntu install, but if you want to
> use /usr/bin/gog2, you might need to install "gnupg2".
>
> If you are unsure, just use /usr/bin/gpg, it should work with all Debian
> based systems (including Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint etc.).

Thanks. I had received your reply and posted a note to the list
earlier. The results are successful. You may notice I'm writing from
the UBUNTU system for this message. I'm not sure why you seem to be
receiving the question over and over: I sent it once on ENIGMAIL list
and once on GnuPG User list.

I'll try signing this one...
Note: my earlier key has expired. For that reason I've generated an
uploaded a new RSA key to the keyserver
so-- you may need to request the new key from the keyserver.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.54 KB)

mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail

Re: UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG [In reply to]

20.04.2012 16:37, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
> On 04/20/2012 09:18 AM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>> 20.04.2012 15:46, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
>>> 19.04.2012 14:45, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
>>> I'm trying to setup Enigmail on an UBUNTU system and it gives me GnuPG:
>>> Not Found
>>> override ? ( browse )
>>>
>>> what do I give it? I found gpg in the /usr directory and I can run GPG
>>> commands from the Terminal window so GPG is clearly available.
>>>
>> I will now reply the fourth time. I use "reply all" button, because the
>> message doesn't seem to go anywhere with only "reply list".
>>
>> If you want to use gpg1 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg .
>> If you want to use gpg2 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg2 .
>> /usr/bin/gpg should work with default Ubuntu install, but if you want to
>> use /usr/bin/gog2, you might need to install "gnupg2".
>>
>> If you are unsure, just use /usr/bin/gpg, it should work with all Debian
>> based systems (including Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint etc.).
>>
> Thanks. I had received your reply and posted a note to the list
> earlier. The results are successful. You may notice I'm writing from
> the UBUNTU system for this message. I'm not sure why you seem to be
> receiving the question over and over: I sent it once on ENIGMAIL list
> and once on GnuPG User list.
>
> I'll try signing this one...
> Note: my earlier key has expired. For that reason I've generated an
> uploaded a new RSA key to the keyserver
> so-- you may need to request the new key from the keyserver.

You're welcome :).

I am on both lists so maybe that is why I received so much emails.

Yes, it seems that you are on Linux now.

> MEGBÍZHATATLAN Jó aláírás: Mike Acker <mike_acker [at] charter>
> Kulcsazonosító: 0xD08880C3 / Aláírva: 20.04.2012 16:37
with light blue background so it seems that your signature is valid.
I am automatically receiving all keys from keyserver.