Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: users

OpenPGP Cards

GnuPG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

gabriel.rosseel at telenet

OpenPGP Cards

I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question:

I'm using Thunderbird (version 11.0.1) as my mailclient on a Windows 7 workstation with OpenPGP (version 1.4.9) and enigmail (version 1.4) installed.
I can send and receive encrypted mail with no problems.
The problem starts when I try to manage my Smartcard (ACR38) and Belgian EID card.
I get the following error:

"Your Smartcard reader could not be accessed
Please attach your SmartCard reader, insert your card, and repeat the operation"

Nervertheless, I can use the SmartCard reader and my BEID card to access the Internet, even to logon Windows.

Therefore I thought that it was OpenPGP that doesn't recognize the BEID card (thus asking to insert a card).

My question is now: where can I buy, preferably in Belgium, blank OpenPGP cards?

Thanks in advance, gabriël

marco+gnupg at websource

Re: OpenPGP Cards [In reply to]

Hi,

On 04/14/2012 02:53 PM, gabriel [at] telene wrote:
> My question is now: where can I buy, preferably in Belgium, blank
> OpenPGP cards?

I don't know about Belgium, but you can buy OpenPGP cards from
kernelconsepts in Germany:
http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=42

Marco