Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: users

Win7: Kleopatra does not open

GnuPG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Siemons at CleanFuels

Oct 21, 2011, 2:21 AM

Win7: Kleopatra does not open

Dear Forum,

I recently installed GnuPG (Gpg4Win). My purpose is to be able to create
encrypted files for exchange via email. No integration with an email
client such as Thunderbird.

Therefore I need to be able to execute Kleopatra or GPA. Unfortunately
Kleopatra does not work. I tried both from a desktop shortcut, and the
command prompt (terminal). Just no reaction at all.
I tried several re-installs. On 2 occasions it got working, but gave up
a day later. Reinstall .... some success, and then failure again ...

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Roland Siemons

hka at qbs

Oct 22, 2011, 3:36 AM

Re: Win7: Kleopatra does not open [In reply to]

On Friday 21 of October 2011 11:21:59 Roland Siemons (P) wrote:
> Therefore I need to be able to execute Kleopatra or GPA. Unfortunately
> Kleopatra does not work.

Kleopatra is part of KDE, so you may have more luck with asking on the KDE
mailinglist.

--
Hubert Kario
QBS - Quality Business Software

richard at r-selected

Oct 22, 2011, 4:23 AM

Re: Win7: Kleopatra does not open [In reply to]

Hi Roland,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:21, Roland Siemons (P) <Siemons [at] cleanfuels> wrote:
On 2 occasions it got working, but gave up a
> day later. Reinstall .... some success, and then failure again ...
>
> Any suggestions?

do you see the Kleopatra process running in the task manager? If it's
shown as running, could you look into the task bar? Maybe Kleopatra is
hiding as a small tray icon there.

Richard

yyy at yyy

Oct 22, 2011, 4:34 AM

Re: Win7: Kleopatra does not open [In reply to]

Hello Roland,

> Therefore I need to be able to execute Kleopatra or GPA. Unfortunately
> Kleopatra does not work. I tried both from a desktop shortcut, and the
> command prompt (terminal). Just no reaction at all.
> I tried several re-installs. On 2 occasions it got working, but gave up
> a day later. Reinstall .... some success, and then failure again ...

Kleopatra seems to be part of gpg4win, which has its own mailinglist
(Gpg4win-users-en [at] wald). What are your language
settings? I had a similar problem (it was reproducible in winxp and
windows vista). See:
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-users-en/2011-April/000598.html
and the rest of thread. (Kleopatra works only in english windows
(maybe german too)).

--
Best regards,
yyy mailto:yyy [at] yyy