Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: i18n

GnuPG Manual in Swedish

GnuPG i18n RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

hesa at sandklef

Mar 2, 2009, 2:56 PM

GnuPG Manual in Swedish

hi all,

i just finished translating the GnuPG manual to Swedish. Given that the
current manual (*.texi) is located under doc/ and there are no sub
directories there I suspect the Swedish manual is the first translation.
So can you give me some advice on where to put it.

/hesa

wk at gnupg

Mar 3, 2009, 2:05 AM

Re: GnuPG Manual in Swedish [In reply to]

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:56, hesa [at] sandklef said:

> i just finished translating the GnuPG manual to Swedish. Given that the
> current manual (*.texi) is located under doc/ and there are no sub
> directories there I suspect the Swedish manual is the first translation.
> So can you give me some advice on where to put it.

You mean the gnupg.texi file with the description of gpg-agent, gpg,
gpsm and so forth?

There is a Russiun translation of the gpg man page in doc and a couple
of French files in doc/fr. If might be easier to lump everything
together into doc/ so that inclusion of images is easier and we don't
need to maintain several Makefiles.

I am currently preparing 2.0.11 but it is too late to get included.
Thus we have some time to decide.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

--
Die Gedanken sind frei. Auschnahme regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.

hesa at sandklef

Mar 5, 2009, 1:47 PM

Re: GnuPG Manual in Swedish [In reply to]

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:56, hesa [at] sandklef said:
>
>> i just finished translating the GnuPG manual to Swedish. Given that the
>> current manual (*.texi) is located under doc/ and there are no sub
>> directories there I suspect the Swedish manual is the first translation.
>> So can you give me some advice on where to put it.
>
> You mean the gnupg.texi file with the description of gpg-agent, gpg,
> gpsm and so forth?

.. yes.

#ls *.texi
contrib.texi gnupg7.texi gpg.texi
howtos.texi see-also-note.texi
debugging.texi gnupg.texi gpgv.texi
instguide.texi specify-user-id.texi
fdl.texi gpg-agent.texi gpl.texi
opt-homedir.texi sysnotes.texi
glossary.texi gpgsm.texi howto-create-a-server-cert.texi
scdaemon.texi tools.texi

The files are also seen here:
http://cvs.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/doc/?root=GnuPG

> There is a Russiun translation of the gpg man page in doc and a couple
> of French files in doc/fr. If might be easier to lump everything
> together into doc/ so that inclusion of images is easier and we don't
> need to maintain several Makefiles.

erh,,... are those in a devel branch somewhere?

Can't find 'em

wk at gnupg

Mar 5, 2009, 2:04 PM

Re: GnuPG Manual in Swedish [In reply to]

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:47, hesa [at] sandklef said:

> #ls *.texi
> contrib.texi gnupg7.texi gpg.texi
> howtos.texi see-also-note.texi

I see. I guess a subdirectory sv/ makes sense.

> erh,,... are those in a devel branch somewhere?

As of now only in the 1.4 branch: .../branches/STABLE-BRANCH-1-4

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

--
Die Gedanken sind frei. Auschnahme regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.