Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: gpa

some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP)

 

 

GnuPG gpa RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


orice at secarica

Mar 20, 2009, 3:28 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4252 views)
Permalink
some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP)

I updated my GPA translation (Romanian) and installed the gpa.mo file
in the share\locale\ directory.
(glib20.mo, atk10.mo and gtk20.mo files were also required, which I
copied from Pidgin install).

Overall the application looks properly translated, but the problem is
that the main menu items are always in English, i.e. File, Edit, Keys,
Windows, Server, Help. Also some other sub-menus too, like Import keys,
Export keys, Backup.
Some of these strings are not present at all in the .po file, like
_Windows or _Help, for example.

I started the application with lang=de environment and there is the same
thing, almost everything is in German, except the menu bar and some
sub-menus which remain in English.

??

Cristi

_______________________________________________
Gpa-dev mailing list
Gpa-dev [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gpa-dev


marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum

Mar 26, 2009, 5:07 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3985 views)
Permalink
Re: some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP) [In reply to]

Cristian Secară wrote:
> I updated my GPA translation (Romanian) and installed the gpa.mo file
> in the share\locale\ directory.
>
> Overall the application looks properly translated, but the problem is
> that the main menu items are always in English, i.e. File, Edit, Keys,
> Windows, Server, Help. Also some other sub-menus too, like Import keys,
> Export keys, Backup.
> Some of these strings are not present at all in the .po file, like
> _Windows or _Help, for example.
>
> I started the application with lang=de environment and there is the same
> thing, almost everything is in German, except the menu bar and some
> sub-menus which remain in English.

Something must have gone wrong when you ran update-po. My po file here has
Windows and Help and others, and the German translation looks fine, too.

Thanks,
Marcus


_______________________________________________
Gpa-dev mailing list
Gpa-dev [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gpa-dev


orice at secarica

Mar 26, 2009, 11:03 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3975 views)
Permalink
Re: some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP) [In reply to]

(resent message with further editing; previously I included a
snapshot attachment too big for this list)

On 26 Mar 2009 13:07:06 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Something must have gone wrong when you ran update-po. My po file
> here has Windows and Help and others, and the German translation
> looks fine, too.

I agree I was confusing, sorry for that.

1. Some menu items are present in the ,po file, are already
translated, but they still appear in English language in the
GPA interface.
Some examples: _Import keys..., E_xport keys..., _Backup....

2. Some menu items appear in English language in the GPA interface, but
I cannot find them in the .po file.
Some examples: _Windows, _Help.

See this snapshot
http://www.secarica.ro/misc/gpa_interface_language_mix.png
For this test I choosed the german interface language, because it is
supposed to be the most complete, but happens the same with my own
translation (Romanian).

I am using the template file from the file gpa-0.8.0.tar.bz2 available
here http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=13
which I translated with Poedit.
By opening the German de.po file from that archive with Poedit, the word
"help" does not exist there either.

This happens on Windows build available from www.gpg4win.org.
I have no idea how GPA's menus behave in a Linux build.

Cristi

_______________________________________________
Gpa-dev mailing list
Gpa-dev [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gpa-dev


wk at gnupg

Mar 27, 2009, 1:49 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3996 views)
Permalink
Re: some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP) [In reply to]

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:03, orice [at] secarica said:

> 1. Some menu items are present in the ,po file, are already
> translated, but they still appear in English language in the
> GPA interface.
> Some examples: _Import keys..., E_xport keys..., _Backup....

Moritz recently chnage some code:

2009-03-22 Moritz <moritz [at] gnu>

* cardman.c (cardman_action_new): Call
gtk_action_group_set_translation_domain before
gtk_action_group_add_actions.

as well as some translation changes. That may solve it. Moritz, was
that the reason?



Shalom-Salam,

Werner

--
Die Gedanken sind frei. Auschnahme regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.


_______________________________________________
Gpa-dev mailing list
Gpa-dev [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gpa-dev


moritz at g10code

Mar 29, 2009, 8:37 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3963 views)
Permalink
Re: some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP) [In reply to]

> > 1. Some menu items are present in the ,po file, are already
> > translated, but they still appear in English language in the
> > GPA interface.
> > Some examples: _Import keys..., E_xport keys..., _Backup....
>
> Moritz recently chnage some code:
>
> 2009-03-22 Moritz <moritz [at] gnu>
>
> * cardman.c (cardman_action_new): Call
> gtk_action_group_set_translation_domain before
> gtk_action_group_add_actions.
>
> as well as some translation changes. That may solve it. Moritz, was
> that the reason?

Hmm. That change was specific to cardman.c and "Import keys" etc. are
not contained in the cardman menu. Therefore I guess, that this is
unrelated.

mo

GnuPG gpa RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.