Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: gpa

gpgconf support added to GPA

GnuPG gpa RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum

Jan 25, 2008, 6:25 AM

gpgconf support added to GPA

Hi,

with the latest gpgme 1.1.6 and gpa trunk in SVN, a new menu entry appears:

Edit->Backend Preferences...

Selecting this entry pops up a dialog box where you can edit the
configuration of the crypto backends (gpg, gpgsm, dirmngr, gpg-agent etc)
using the gpgconf facilities (now provided by GPGME experimentally).

Because using gpgconf is a bit slowish, we only apply all changes as a
whole (thus not following the GNOME interface standard strictly).
There is an apply and reset button in addition to the usual cancel and OK.

You can find an example dialog at (not a permanent location)
ftp://ftp.g10code.com/g10code/scratch/gpgconf.png

Maybe check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Marcus

marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum

Feb 4, 2008, 6:45 AM

Re: gpgconf support added to GPA [In reply to]

At Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:25:31 +0100,
Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> with the latest gpgme 1.1.6 and gpa trunk in SVN, a new menu entry appears:
>
> Edit->Backend Preferences...
>
> Selecting this entry pops up a dialog box where you can edit the
> configuration of the crypto backends (gpg, gpgsm, dirmngr, gpg-agent etc)
> using the gpgconf facilities (now provided by GPGME experimentally).

There is a new button now to select the expert level
(basic/advanced/expert). This affects which options (and potentially
even components) are actually visible in the dialog. Also, a bug was
fixed that showed empty groups, and some padding was added to the
sides of the notebook.

Thanks,
Marcus