Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: gpa

can't add new keys

GnuPG gpa RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

duncan at lithgow-schmidt

Mar 13, 2005, 12:34 AM

can't add new keys

Hi all,

I've been trying to use gpa for a bit now but not having much luck. I'm
pretty new to gpg. I've got my keyring in and my own keys work fine. But
I just can't get it to retrieve any new keys at all. I've tried on the
servers listed below:

I found this key for Gregory P. Amos 0xA1058D40 who seems to be a
developer of GPA, here's the responses:

ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370
-> gpgkeys: internal bind error: Can't contact LDAP server

ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
-> gpgkeys: LDAP search error: No such object

hkp://pgp.mit.edu
-> There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you specified

hkp://keyserver.kjsl.com
-> There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you specified

I'd love some help getting this working

Duncan
--
Linux user #372812
GPG Key 0x21A8C63A

bernhard at intevation

Mar 29, 2005, 6:53 AM

Re: can't add new keys [In reply to]

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 08:34:00AM +0100, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> I've been trying to use gpa for a bit now but not having much luck.

Which version of gpa and gnupg are you trying BTW?

> I'm
> pretty new to gpg. I've got my keyring in and my own keys work fine. But
> I just can't get it to retrieve any new keys at all. I've tried on the
> servers listed below:
>
> I found this key for Gregory P. Amos 0xA1058D40 who seems to be a
> developer of GPA, here's the responses:
>
> ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370
> -> gpgkeys: internal bind error: Can't contact LDAP server
>
> ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
> -> gpgkeys: LDAP search error: No such object
>
> hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> -> There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you specified
>
> hkp://keyserver.kjsl.com
> -> There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you specified
>
> I'd love some help getting this working

duncan at lithgow-schmidt

Mar 30, 2005, 7:40 AM

Re: can't add new keys [In reply to]

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 05:30:01PM +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > Which version of gpa and gnupg are you trying BTW?
> >
> Aha! The list is alive :-)

> Sure, it is, though slow sometimes.
> Can you also send your answer to the list then. ;)

My problems importing keys are with these versions:
gpa: 0.7.0
gnupg 1.2.6-1 [at] i38
gnupg2 1.9.15-1 [at] i38

bernhard at intevation

Re: can't add new keys [In reply to]

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:40:48PM +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 05:30:01PM +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > > Which version of gpa and gnupg are you trying BTW?
> > >
> > Aha! The list is alive :-)
>
> > Sure, it is, though slow sometimes.
> > Can you also send your answer to the list then. ;)
>
> My problems importing keys are with these versions:
> gpa: 0.7.0
> gnupg 1.2.6-1 [at] i38

The hkp http interface might not have been build.
Did you build yourself?

For my Debian gpg 1.2.5 I can
do gpg --recv KEYNUMER
and have
keyserver subkeys.pgp.net
in my .gnupg/gpg.conf

duncan at lithgow-schmidt

Re: can't add new keys [In reply to]

> The hkp http interface might not have been build.
> Did you build yourself?
>
> For my Debian gpg 1.2.5 I can
> do gpg --recv KEYNUMER
> and have
> keyserver subkeys.pgp.net
> in my .gnupg/gpg.conf

Sorry, I don't understand your reply, I'm new to linux and gpg. Is that
something I should install?

Duncan

bernhard at intevation

Re: can't add new keys [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 10:22:36PM +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > The hkp http interface might not have been build.
> > Did you build yourself?
> >
> > For my Debian gpg 1.2.5 I can
> > do gpg --recv KEYNUMER
> > and have
> > keyserver subkeys.pgp.net
> > in my .gnupg/gpg.conf
>
> Sorry, I don't understand your reply, I'm new to linux and gpg. Is that
> something I should install?

Sorry form my side, too. I have missed your reply.
First: What GNU/Linux distribution are you using?
E.g. Redhat, Mandriva or Debian

Some persons will have packaged gpa and gpg for you.
Usually that is the one that creates the distribution.
This person might have missed that it needs to set a special option
when building the gnupg package which contains the command line
version "gpg".

GnuPG gpa RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded