Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: gcrypt

[patch] SEED (rfc4269) support

 

 

GnuPG gcrypt RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


perky at FreeBSD

Jul 11, 2006, 6:45 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2242 views)
Permalink
[patch] SEED (rfc4269) support

Hi,

This patch adds the SEED, a 128bit block cipher, support for
libgcrypt trunk as of today:
http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/libgcrypt-seed.diff

SEED is a registered cipher on ISO/IEC and IETF and has some standard
applications already (RFC4010: CMS, RFC4162: TLS, RFC4196: IPSec).
More detailed information on the algorithm is available in RFC4269.
Because it is widely adopted by the Korean finalcial industry and
the government, it would be great for Korean open-source developers
if libgcrypt includes the support.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Hye-Shik


bradh at frogmouth

Jul 12, 2006, 5:20 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2173 views)
Permalink
Re: [patch] SEED (rfc4269) support [In reply to]

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 23:45, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> This patch adds the SEED, a 128bit block cipher, support for
> libgcrypt trunk as of today:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/libgcrypt-seed.diff
I would like to see this incorporated, but I'm a big fan of unit tests. Any
chance you could add some tests for this? Are there standard test vectors?

I really hope you have the right documentation on file (for copyright
assignment and the like)....

Brad


perky at FreeBSD

Jul 12, 2006, 7:37 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2163 views)
Permalink
Re: [patch] SEED (rfc4269) support [In reply to]

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:20:58PM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 23:45, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> > This patch adds the SEED, a 128bit block cipher, support for
> > libgcrypt trunk as of today:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/libgcrypt-seed.diff
> I would like to see this incorporated,

Thanks for your interest!

> but I'm a big fan of unit tests. Any
> chance you could add some tests for this?

So do I. I looked tests/ directory but I couldn't found where I
could add a unittest for the new code. Is there any conventional
stub code for cipher tests in libgcrypt?

> Are there standard test vectors?

Yup. RFC4269 includes four set of test vectors in its appendix B:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4269.txt
I used the 3rd one for selftest() routine in the patch.

> I really hope you have the right documentation on file (for copyright
> assignment and the like)....

I'd like to provide it in public domain and let libgcrypt project
relicense or do whatever it needs. I updated the patch. Is it
enough for the statement?


Hye-Shik


wk at gnupg

Jul 13, 2006, 2:36 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2169 views)
Permalink
Re: [patch] SEED (rfc4269) support [In reply to]

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:37, Hye-Shik Chang said:

> So do I. I looked tests/ directory but I couldn't found where I
> could add a unittest for the new code. Is there any conventional
> stub code for cipher tests in libgcrypt?

You should add support to benchmark.c as well as basic.c.

> Yup. RFC4269 includes four set of test vectors in its appendix B:

Given that there is an RFC out we should add it to libgcrypt.

> I'd like to provide it in public domain and let libgcrypt project
> relicense or do whatever it needs. I updated the patch. Is it
> enough for the statement?

The GNu projects requires the signing of documents. I will send you
the required files by private mail.

Thanks,

Werner


_______________________________________________
Gcrypt-devel mailing list
Gcrypt-devel [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gcrypt-devel


perky at FreeBSD

Jul 14, 2006, 5:41 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2173 views)
Permalink
Re: [patch] SEED (rfc4269) support [In reply to]

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:36:10PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:37, Hye-Shik Chang said:
>
> > So do I. I looked tests/ directory but I couldn't found where I
> > could add a unittest for the new code. Is there any conventional
> > stub code for cipher tests in libgcrypt?
>
> You should add support to benchmark.c as well as basic.c.

Done. I updated the patch.
http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/libgcrypt-seed-060714.diff
(I wonder if I could avoid adding new functions. Is there better
place for SEED ECB & CBC tests in basic.c?)

> > Yup. RFC4269 includes four set of test vectors in its appendix B:
>
> Given that there is an RFC out we should add it to libgcrypt.
>
> > I'd like to provide it in public domain and let libgcrypt project
> > relicense or do whatever it needs. I updated the patch. Is it
> > enough for the statement?
>
> The GNu projects requires the signing of documents. I will send you
> the required files by private mail.

I see. I'll sign it when your mail is delivered.


Hye-Shik


wk at gnupg

Aug 29, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2074 views)
Permalink
Re: [patch] SEED (rfc4269) support [In reply to]

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:37, Hye-Shik Chang said:

> I'd like to provide it in public domain and let libgcrypt project
> relicense or do whatever it needs. I updated the patch. Is it
> enough for the statement?

Also we in general like to have signed papers, I consider your signed
mail okay in this case.

Just applied SEED to the trunk.


Thanks,

Werner


_______________________________________________
Gcrypt-devel mailing list
Gcrypt-devel [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gcrypt-devel


perky at FreeBSD

Aug 29, 2006, 4:54 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2081 views)
Permalink
Re: [patch] SEED (rfc4269) support [In reply to]

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 11:39:19AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:37, Hye-Shik Chang said:
>
> > I'd like to provide it in public domain and let libgcrypt project
> > relicense or do whatever it needs. I updated the patch. Is it
> > enough for the statement?
>
> Also we in general like to have signed papers, I consider your signed
> mail okay in this case.
>
> Just applied SEED to the trunk.
>

I sent a signed response to FSF which assigns a copyright to them
by airmail 3 days ago. (It took too much time in mail transaction
:)

Thanks for your kind work!

Hye-Shik

_______________________________________________
Gcrypt-devel mailing list
Gcrypt-devel [at] gnupg
http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gcrypt-devel

GnuPG gcrypt RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.