Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: doc

Solaris 8 vs. solaris 2.6

GnuPG doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

graham.wildridge at bt

Feb 3, 2003, 3:49 PM

Solaris 8 vs. solaris 2.6

Dear All

I compiled the gpg executable under Solaris 8 and have successfully migrated
the executable to other Sun Solaris 8 boxes to run GNU Privacy Guard.

However after transferring the same executable to a Sun Solaris 2.6 box and
trying to run a clearsign activity I always get the same eror message:

gpg: can't mmap pool of 16384 bytes: Invalid argument - using malloc
gpg: can't lock memory: Invalid argument

Is this a known problem ?

Is all I have to do to fix it, is compile the gpg executable under Solaris
2.6 ?

Many thanks for you patience !

Regards

Graham Wildridge
Remedy ARS Development
BT Computing Partners
Tel: 020 8633 2265
graham.wildridge [at] bt

British Telecommunications plc, Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London
EC1A 7AJ, Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or
e-mail (to the number or address above) immediately. If you have any
enquiries about this disclaimer call the Security Control Centre 0800
321999.

graham.wildridge at bt

Feb 4, 2003, 5:38 AM