Mailing List Archive: GnuPG: devel

new uids don't not appear in my --list-secret-keys

GnuPG devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail

Jul 10, 2011, 12:07 PM

new uids don't not appear in my --list-secret-keys

Hi, I have a problem :

Hi have create new 2 new uids from my PC at the office (my main private key is on both computers), switch main uid to one them, revoked the old
uid, then export the updated certificate on the key server, then import it at home.
They appear correctly on my certificate with the --list-keys option, but don't appear with the --list-secret-keys option.

Is that a bug ?
How to make new uids appears in the --list-secret at home ?

(to complicated things, I did generated a new signing key at home before, which I don't want to export the secret in my office. as i am playing with
money key for the OpenUDC project).

Then I noticed a notice a bug on other software : i deleted my old uid at home, the --list-secret-keys option did then show no more uid, which
makes crash at least psi jabber client (maybe some other tools using gpg, cleopatra should manage uid without checking the --list-secret as it
didn't crash for now).

I am using gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.15 and gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10 (they behave the same with the --list-secret-keys option).

Thanks.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.48 KB)

jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail

Jul 11, 2011, 7:58 AM

Re: new uids don't not appear in my --list-secret-keys [In reply to]

I have found a solution using gpgsplit from the home and the office exports,
and then merge (re-concatenate) chunks I want.

I note that --list-secret-key option is only usefull to get the private
KeyIDs, but not reliable to get uid, and don't provide revocation
informations.
I will handle that and I understand why revocation information are not
displayed with --list-secret-key. But, may one day the --import option
auto-merge chunks ?

Regards,

2011/7/10 Jbar <jeanjacquesbrucker [at] gmail>

> Hi, I have a problem :
>
> Hi have create new 2 new uids from my PC at the office (my main private key
> is on both computers), switch main uid to one them, revoked the old
> uid, then export the updated certificate on the key server, then import it
> at home.
> They appear correctly on my certificate with the --list-keys option, but
> don't appear with the --list-secret-keys option.
>
> Is that a bug ?
> How to make new uids appears in the --list-secret at home ?
>
> (to complicated things, I did generated a new signing key at home before,
> which I don't want to export the secret in my office. as i am playing with
> money key for the OpenUDC project).
>
> Then I noticed a notice a bug on other software : i deleted my old uid at
> home, the --list-secret-keys option did then show no more uid, which
> makes crash at least psi jabber client (maybe some other tools using gpg,
> cleopatra should manage uid without checking the --list-secret as it
> didn't crash for now).
>
> I am using gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.15 and gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10 (they behave the same
> with the --list-secret-keys option).
>
> Thanks.

wk at gnupg

Jul 12, 2011, 12:41 AM

Re: new uids don't not appear in my --list-secret-keys [In reply to]

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:58, jeanjacquesbrucker [at] gmail said:

> displayed with --list-secret-key. But, may one day the --import option
> auto-merge chunks ?

2.1 beta does this. The problem is that we would need to fully sync the
secring and the pubring which turned out to be too complicate. 2.1
makes it easier - there is no secring anymore: just the plain key
parameters in addition to the public key. I was able to remove a lot of
code from gpg.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner