Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: User

openrc cann't logger my boot log

jiahui.tar.gz at gmail

Aug 18, 2012, 9:12 PM

openrc cann't logger my boot log

Hi, everyone. For some unknown reason , my gentoo can't start up , but i
can see the grub menu. So i went into ubuntu and chroot into the gentoo .
Then i want to log some message to find out some thing .
I have already enable the devfs and the rc_logger in the /etc/rc.conf

ubuntu / # rc-service -l | grep devfs
devfs

ubuntu / # grep rc_logger /etc/rc.conf
# rc_logger launches a logging daemon to log the entire rc process to
rc_logger="YES"

After that , i reboot the computer . But it didn't have the /var/log/rc.log
. Then i have no idea... Can anyone help ? and if you want more message ,
Please tell me.
PS: my gentoo was normal last night . Then i didn't do some thing like
upgrade the kernel . etc.

--
好好学习,天天向上!!!

jiahui.tar.gz at gmail

Aug 18, 2012, 9:47 PM

Re: openrc cann't logger my boot log [In reply to]

It's my problem . Please ignore this mail..Sorry

--
好好学习,天天向上!!!