Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: User
More lvm2 questions

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

w41ter at gmail

More lvm2 questions

Something in today's update for ~amd64 changed the bootup behavior
of lvm (again). Now I get an error message that none of the labels
on my lvm disks can be found (I mount by disk label in fstab).

So now lvm is starting even later than before. I still get the
(now familiar) error from lvm that file locking failed, but I've
been seeing that since the last thread on the subject and this
problem just started today. (lvm does start eventually, but only
after fstab fails to find the lvm disks).

While poking around in the rc scripts I realized that device-mapper
daemon is no longer running -- I think it was running a few months
ago but I can't be certain now. Should it be running?

I added device-mapper to the boot runlevel but it changed nothing
AFAICT.

Also, I notice that a /run directory on tmpfs appeared a while ago
(can't remember when) and I think that should have fixed the file
locking error from lvm, no? But it's not fixed for me.

What are you guys seeing?