Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: User

cryptsetup with static libs

philipp.kraus at flashpixx

Mar 22, 2012, 4:26 PM

cryptsetup with static libs

Hello,

I try to build the cryptsetup tools, but all depended library should be build with +static-libs use flag.
I have set my packages.use to:

sys-fs/cryptsetup -static-libs
dev-libs/libgcrypt static-libs
dev-libs/popt static-libs
dev-libs/libgpg-error static-libs
sys-apps/util-linux static-libs

Can I build the cryptsetup without the static libs? Is there a reason that I must build it with static libs?

Thanks

Phil

neil at digimed

Mar 22, 2012, 5:14 PM

Re: cryptsetup with static libs [In reply to]

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:26:24 +0100, Kraus Philipp wrote:

> I try to build the cryptsetup tools, but all depended library should be
> build with +static-libs use flag. I have set my packages.use to:
>
> sys-fs/cryptsetup -static-libs
> dev-libs/libgcrypt static-libs
> dev-libs/popt static-libs
> dev-libs/libgpg-error static-libs
> sys-apps/util-linux static-libs
>
> Can I build the cryptsetup without the static libs? Is there a reason
> that I must build it with static libs?

cryptsetup does not have a static-libs USE flag. It has a static flag,
which default to on and requires dependencies to be built with
static-libs. Turn off the static flag for cryptsetup.

--
Neil Bothwick

OS/2: Obsolete Soon, Too
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

philipp.kraus at flashpixx

Mar 23, 2012, 6:45 AM

Re: cryptsetup with static libs [In reply to]

Am 23.03.2012 um 01:14 schrieb Neil Bothwick:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:26:24 +0100, Kraus Philipp wrote:
>
>> I try to build the cryptsetup tools, but all depended library should be
>> build with +static-libs use flag. I have set my packages.use to:
>>
>> sys-fs/cryptsetup -static-libs
>> dev-libs/libgcrypt static-libs
>> dev-libs/popt static-libs
>> dev-libs/libgpg-error static-libs
>> sys-apps/util-linux static-libs
>>
>> Can I build the cryptsetup without the static libs? Is there a reason
>> that I must build it with static libs?
>
> cryptsetup does not have a static-libs USE flag. It has a static flag, [...]

Thanks, it was my mistake

Phil