Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: User
nginx init script dependencies

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

giedrius.kudelis at gmail

Jul 20, 2011, 11:32 AM

nginx init script dependencies

Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list, so greetings to everyone!

I am having some trouble starting nginx while some of the network interfaces
are down. Running "/etc/init.d/nginx ineed" gives me

fsck localmount dhcpcd net.eth0 net.eth1 net.lo

I guess this means that all the net.* interfaces have to be up for nginx to
start. Wouldn't it be more logical to require only one (like the loopback
interface) to be up? The problem is that if I stop net.eth1 and start nginx
it tries to start net.eth1, which I'd rather it did not do. Is there any way
to avoid this? Thank you!

Best regards,
Giedrius Kudelis