Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: SPARC
[Fwd: Re: [2.6.29.4] Blade 2000]

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

fmccor at gentoo

Jun 5, 2009, 5:03 AM

[Fwd: Re: [2.6.29.4] Blade 2000]

Please note, and anyone qualified please consider responding.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: David Miller <davem [at] davemloft>
To: joel.bertrand [at] systella
Cc: sparclinux [at] vger
Subject: Re: [2.6.29.4] Blade 2000
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 00:59:01 -0700 (PDT)

From: BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand [at] systella>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:49:24 +0200

> David Miller wrote:
>> I wonder if there is some subtle endianness problem with the
>> qlogic firmware, so we load it incorrectly into the chip and
>> it hangs.
>
> I can do some tests this week-end. How can I help you ?

If I had the time to compose such a description, or a test patch, I
would have.

The world needs to start thinking in terms of helping me do the work
of sparc maintainence, instead of constantly expecting me to magicly
come up with all the answers and the test patches every single time.

I have to confide in everyone how deeply disappointing it is over the
years that this situation continues forever and nobody tries to help
me in a truly meaningful way. Everyone can test things, nobody can
fix or implement things. We have enough testers, and nearly no
fixers.

I'm getting older, slower, and more bogged down in networking
maintainence. And hey I'd like to enjoy life too, believe it or not.

So people need to step up and help or else I can guarentee you
that the sparc ports will continue to deteriorate.