Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: SPARC
Fw: [] Blade 2000

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

fmccor at gentoo

Jun 4, 2009, 4:37 PM

Fw: [] Blade 2000

Perhaps of interest if you use the ql2200_fw.bin

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Miller <davem [at] davemloft>
To: joel.bertrand [at] systella
Cc: sparclinux [at] vger
Subject: Re: [] Blade 2000

From: BERTRAND JoŽl <joel.bertrand [at] systella>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:58:54 +0200

> BERTRAND JoŽl a ťcrit :
>> Hello,
>> I have made some minor modifications in bbc_i2c driver to add en entry
>> in /proc directory. ALl mofications have been made against
>> but I haven't verified that this kernel was bootable.
>> I have built my own bbc_i2c driver as a module. kernel hangs
>> just after qla2xxx initialization. I don't think that this driver try
>> to upload firmware. This firmware is built into the kernel.
>> CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH="/sbin/hotplug"
>> # CONFIG_STANDALONE is not set
>> CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="ql2200_fw.bin"
>> CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="/lib/firmware"
>> Root rayleigh:[/lib/firmware] > ls
>> edgeport emi62 keyspan_pda ql2100_fw.bin ql2300_fw.bin ql2400_fw.bin
>> emi26 ess korg ql2200_fw.bin ql2322_fw.bin yamaha
>> Root rayleigh:[/lib/firmware] >
>> Configuration:
>> Blade 2000, 2 GB, 2*UIII+/900, Creator3D, internal NIC + 2*3Com NIC.
>> Is it a known trouble ?
> Nobody ? I have tried with exactly the same bug.
> worked fine.

I wonder if there is some subtle endianness problem with the
qlogic firmware, so we load it incorrectly into the chip and
it hangs.
the body of a message to majordomo [at] vger

Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor [at] gentoo>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

Subject User Time
Fw: [] Blade 2000 fmccor at gentoo Jun 4, 2009, 4:37 PM