Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Security
the Gentoo Audit project and dev-util/splint

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

mansourmoufid at gmail

Jun 3, 2009, 8:44 PM

the Gentoo Audit project and dev-util/splint

Hello list,

I was wondering if I could get peoples' opinions of dev-util/splint
(the Secure Programming Lint) [1], and specifically in the context of
development on Gentoo -- if you've used this tool before and if you
did or didn't find it useful?

I noticed it wasn't listed as a source code audit aid on the Gentoo
Audit project page [2]. Is there a specific reason for this or was
simply an oversight? I wouldn't mind contributing a brief paragraph or
so on the subject.

( I apologize if this is off topic for gentoo-security, I noticed this
list is rather low-traffic... )

[1] http://packages.gentoo.org/package/dev-util/splint?full_cat
[2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/security/audit.xml

--