Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: PPC-User

hfs volume gets mounted read-only

Gentoo ppc-user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

charles.trois at wanadoo

Dec 4, 2005, 4:01 AM

hfs volume gets mounted read-only

Hello!

I have on my iMac an hfs partition, the purpose of which is the transfer
of data both ways between Linux and MacOS. That used to work, but, after
reinstalling Linux, it no longer does.

That hfs partition has the option umask=0 in fstab, which gives it all
possible permissions. Nevertheless, when I try to copy a Linux file into
it, there is an error message "read-only file system".

There have also been instances of a message "unable to read super-block"
at boot time.

Now I have found here

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0306.3/0015.html

a patch that purports to fix these bugs.

What I wonder is whether I can safely apply that patch (which is not
very recent) to my present kernel (2.6.12).

Thanks for any advice.

Charles