Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: PPC-User

installation problems

Gentoo ppc-user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bjoern.schoepe at gmx

Sep 28, 2004, 7:17 AM

installation problems

Hi!
I try to install Gentoo on a G4 Dual-1,25 since over 2 months now (!) but
I can't boot into the new system, I suppose it's a yaboot config problem,
but I'm not completely sure. Also I cannot reboot with "reboot" or
"shutdown -r now" and sometimes the livecd does not boot at all but halts
after some seconds. As it is a bit complex I posted it with all details
(fstab, yaboot.conf, mac-fdisk):
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=229744&start=0. Maybe someone has
an idea what to do.
Oh, it's a 2004.1-LiveCD because the 2004.2 generally did not start, but
gave only tons of error messages. Once it started, but later I was not
able to create a link to the kernel, it said there was no space left and
dmesg showed the same error messages as normally during booting, so I used
again the 2004.1 cd.
Thanks for all comments and helps (here or in the forum)!
-Björn.

--
Composed and sent with Opera on Gentoo Linux