Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: PPC-User

Mouse buttons

Gentoo ppc-user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ovidiu at targujiu

Sep 27, 2004, 1:34 AM

Mouse buttons

Hi,

I've installed Gentoo 2004.2 on an iBook G3 800Mhz and I didn't found
how to get my mouse buttons (right-click and left-click) to work in X
(xorg-x11 6.8.0-r1). I've installed pbbuttonsd and gtkpbbuttons, but I
still don't understand how to use left-click/right-click. Is there a key
combination which emulate those ?
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ovidiu

mhz at esfera

Sep 27, 2004, 8:04 AM

Re: Mouse buttons [In reply to]

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:34:16 +0300, Ovidiu Bivolaru wrote
> Hi,
>
> I've installed Gentoo 2004.2 on an iBook G3 800Mhz and I didn't found
> how to get my mouse buttons (right-click and left-click) to work in X
> (xorg-x11 6.8.0-r1). I've installed pbbuttonsd and gtkpbbuttons, but I
> still don't understand how to use left-click/right-click. Is there a key
> combination which emulate those ?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Ovidiu

There's an axplanation somewhere in Installation Handbook - I guess- to edit the sysctl.conf file.
You should add these lines and just change the 'key number' for the one of your choice.

# Enable mouse emulation
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation = 1

# Set 2nd button to 87 - F11
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode = 87

# Set 3rd button to 88 - F12
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode = 88

Hope it works for you, too.
MHZ

<< Liberty is the freedom to choose, and freedom is the result of the right choice >>

ID #287183
http://counter.li.org/index.html

[.Este mail ha sido escrito bajo estandares simples de edicion para asi evitar problemas de
compatibilidad de caracteres considerando los idiomas de las personas que lo podran recibir]

ovidiu at targujiu

Sep 27, 2004, 8:11 AM

Re: Mouse buttons [In reply to]

Hi,

I've found an explanation in Gentoo PPC FAQ which it seems that I've
missed before. Thank you!

Regards,
Ovidiu