Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: PPC-User
Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

josejx at gentoo

Aug 26, 2010, 4:02 PM

Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? [In reply to]

On 08/25/10 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I was going to download a new iso today. My old PowerPC Mac Mini needs
> to be rebuilt and it's so far out of date I figured I'd just do it
> from scratch. Anyway, it seems that all the other architectures have
> fairly recent iso image dates while the PowerPC seems to be a year
> old.
>
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/ppc/autobuilds/current-iso/
>
> Or maybe this is just a date problem on the files or something.
>
> - Mark

No, it's my fault. I've been meaning to fix the autobuilds for PowerPC,
but I completely forgot that they were broken. I'll look into it this
weekend.

The hardware hasn't really changed much though, it should be fine to
boot with the latest CD there and use the current stage to install. The
stages themselves should be up to date.

-Joe

Subject User Time
Gentoo ppc - still supported? markknecht at gmail Aug 25, 2010, 5:31 PM
    Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? josejx at gentoo Aug 26, 2010, 4:02 PM
        Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? markknecht at gmail Aug 26, 2010, 5:16 PM
    Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? terinstock at bellsouth Aug 26, 2010, 10:27 PM
    Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? markknecht at gmail Aug 27, 2010, 9:19 AM
    Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? josejx at gentoo Aug 27, 2010, 12:48 PM
        Re: Gentoo ppc - still supported? markknecht at gmail Aug 27, 2010, 4:55 PM