Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: PPC-User

long start-up while wlan0 is enabled

Gentoo ppc-user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jaro.m at inbox

Dec 18, 2009, 12:25 PM

long start-up while wlan0 is enabled

Hi
I have Gentoo installed on my Powerbook for a while.
I had many problems as I'm not very experienced linux user. But I really like Gentoo.
One of my latest problem is long start-up while my wlan0 is active.
I've got 2 net cards (eth0 and wlan0). Both seem to work OK. Most of the time I use wlan0.
When system is booting and it's just about the login procedure there's a long delay. I just need to wait about 30 secs before I can log in. Similar problem is when I try to start X (startx command). And yet again it appears when I start the browser (seamonkey) - then I have to wait about a minute or longer. But when I disable the network (wlan0, eth0 is usually inactive) the problems disappears.
I've tried many ways to resolve it. I've emerged portmap thinking it can halp - no succes.
Can anybody halp?
Regards
JM

GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/smileys
Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and most webmails

Gentoo ppc-user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded