Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: PPC-User
Lost console/terminal

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

raul.flores at lmco

Nov 18, 2008, 8:23 AM

Lost console/terminal

I have an iMac G5 revC (PowerMac 12,1) that was up and running with
2008.0 (linux kernel 2.6.24).

Recently upgraded the kernel to 2.6.27 and have an issue (used the
g5_defconfig to do the build).

The new kernel is booting fine except that the iMac console/terminal
does not refresh / update / render.

I can ssh into the system, and I can even use the consoles keyboard to
login (as long as I do not make any typos).

But the main computer screen (console/terminal) just sits there with
kernel debug info that was getting sent to it before whatever event
causes it to stop working.

Any ideas where to look... where to begin... to get my screen back? Need
to run an Gnome/KDE UI.

Thanks,
Raul

Subject User Time
Lost console/terminal raul.flores at lmco Nov 18, 2008, 8:23 AM
    Re: Lost console/terminal richo at psych0tik Nov 18, 2008, 9:14 PM