Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Performance
Hardened-performance

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

lists at f_philipp

Jul 13, 2008, 4:53 AM

Hardened-performance

Hi list!

Can anyone tell me if using a hardened-profile has any performance
implications?

To be more specific:

I use an AMD64 X2 for realtime video encoding and some network services
and the company I work for uses some of their (Intranet web and
file) servers for high performance computing. Would using stuff like
PaX reduce, for example, memory allocation, memory access and
context switching?
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

Subject User Time
Hardened-performance lists at f_philipp Jul 13, 2008, 4:53 AM
    Re: Hardened-performance lists at f_philipp Jul 13, 2008, 5:02 AM