Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: OSX

[PREFIX] Portage eating variables?

Gentoo osx RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sesquile at gmail

Jul 25, 2006, 3:48 PM

[PREFIX] Portage eating variables?

Has anyone else noticed that some variables disappear into the ether
under PREFIX? One example is ebuilds that inherit webapp.eclass,
we've had to add an extra "webapp_read_config" to the
webapp_src_preinst function, otherwise the variables aren't set...
ie:

function webapp_src_preinst ()
{
# create the directories that we need

dodir "${MY_HTDOCSDIR}"
dodir "${MY_HOSTROOTDIR}"
dodir "${MY_CGIBINDIR}"
dodir "${MY_ICONSDIR}"
dodir "${MY_ERRORSDIR}"
dodir "${MY_SQLSCRIPTSDIR}"
dodir "${MY_HOOKSCRIPTSDIR}"
dodir "${MY_SERVERCONFIGDIR}"
}

has to be changed to:
function webapp_src_preinst ()
{
# =-= for some reason, we need to re-source variables
webapp_read_config