Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: OSX
Re: Current installation method

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

ndimiduk at gentoo

Jan 26, 2006, 10:28 AM

Re: Current installation method [In reply to]

Grobian wrote:
> The installer is there, the official documentation is gone, because we
> don't support that (anchient) installer any more.

My mistake. Didn't see it there...

>> started putting together a .pkg (for my own uses) based on the most
>> recent portage-2.1 ebuild and it occurred to me that this may not be
>> appropriate. I'd be happy to clean it up for general distribution.
>
> Does 2.1 work properly on OSX? I have problems with 2.0.53 and up...

Should I use the latest 2.0.52?

>> Also, is portage/scripts/bootstrap-darwin.sh still up to date?
>
> Don't know. Maybe kito knows.
>
> Be sure to ask, before you put a lot of efforts in it. Current plans
> are more or less to be targetted fully at the prefixed installer, so
> maybe if you don't have a running setup any more, you should switch to
> the prefixed project immediately. Kito, comments?

My intention is to build a clean chroot for the reliable testing of
packages for keywording. I don't mind doing so for the prefix version
of portage; my understanding is that it's not quite ready yet. I'd like
to work on keywording in the mean time. I'll try to contact kito
directly for more details.