Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: MIPS
Devices on the other side of a Craylink

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

creideiki+gentoo-mips at ferretporn

Aug 29, 2006, 11:21 AM

Devices on the other side of a Craylink

Hi,

I just acquired a rackmount Origin 2000 (2 Craylink nodes, 8 CPU:s per node).
When booting on the RC5 LiveCD, I can only use devices connected to the first
node. Linux doesn't say anything about the network interface and SCSI disks
connected to the second node at all. However, it uses all 16 CPU:s. Is this
expected? Will I have to move all the SCSI disks to the first node? Will a
newer kernel see everything?

Unfortunately, I don't remember if the PROM said it found all the disks when
it probed the SCSI buses, and I prefer not to reboot the machine without
being in the server room, so checking that might have to wait a day or two.

--
Karl-Johan "Creideiki" Karlsson