Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: MIPS

newer kernels on an SGI O2?

Gentoo mips RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jfaulkne at ccs

Aug 21, 2011, 1:01 PM

newer kernels on an SGI O2?

I see that the most recent mips-sources kernel is 2.6.37. Are there
newer sources I can use on an O2? I tried the linux-3.0.3 sources from
the Linux/MIPS git repository, but nothing happens after "Entering
kernel" with the kernel I built.

ricmm at gentoo

Aug 21, 2011, 1:12 PM

Re: newer kernels on an SGI O2? [In reply to]

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne [at] ccs> wrote:

> I see that the most recent mips-sources kernel is 2.6.37.  Are there
> newer sources I can use on an O2?  I tried the linux-3.0.3 sources from
> the Linux/MIPS git repository, but nothing happens after "Entering
> kernel" with the kernel I built.

Could you provide your config and setup for 3.0.3?

Ricardo

mattst88 at gentoo

Aug 21, 2011, 1:19 PM

Re: newer kernels on an SGI O2? [In reply to]

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne [at] ccs> wrote:
> I see that the most recent mips-sources kernel is 2.6.37.  Are there
> newer sources I can use on an O2?  I tried the linux-3.0.3 sources from
> the Linux/MIPS git repository, but nothing happens after "Entering
> kernel" with the kernel I built.

sys-kernel/mips-sources is sort of an experimental playground. I
wouldn't recommend using it unless it includes a patch you
specifically need.

For the O2, I would just use gentoo-sources or vanilla-sources. The
kernel that I built for you was just from Linus' git tree. The config
I used for it is http://dev.gentoo.org/~mattst88/sgi-o2/config

Matt

jfaulkne at ccs

Aug 21, 2011, 1:31 PM

Re: newer kernels on an SGI O2? [In reply to]

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 09:12:16PM +0100, Ricardo Mendoza wrote:

> Could you provide your config and setup for 3.0.3?

Sure thing, my config is attached. I just build it with a "make
vmlinux.32", which i think is the right way to do it under Matt's
multilib stage3.
Attachments: sgi_o2_3.0.3.config (43.3 KB)

Gentoo mips RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded