Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: HPPA

booting problem

Gentoo hppa RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

gavinseddon at blueyonder

Oct 31, 2004, 11:28 AM

booting problem

Hi I have just rebooted my new instillation, I received
'ERROR /vmlinux partition 2 failed'
partition 2 is ext2 /boot
However my kernel was called kernel-2.4.6 (I think). On other Linux
flavors I could 'hack on' with a floppy, sort lilo and reboot. Will
someone pls tell me how to fix this without starting again?

Thanks

Gavin.

agaffney at skylineaero

Oct 31, 2004, 10:31 AM

Re: booting problem [In reply to]

Dr Gavin Seddon wrote:
> Hi I have just rebooted my new instillation, I received
> 'ERROR /vmlinux partition 2 failed'
> partition 2 is ext2 /boot
> However my kernel was called kernel-2.4.6 (I think). On other Linux
> flavors I could 'hack on' with a floppy, sort lilo and reboot. Will
> someone pls tell me how to fix this without starting again?

Post the contents of your palo.conf

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator