Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Hardened
new kernel not being able to mount filesystems?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

roel at vromen

new kernel not being able to mount filesystems?

Hi list,

I have a weird problem: when I compile a 2.6.11-kernel (the version is
probably not the culprit though) and try to boot it (in enforcing mode) it
always gives the following error:
----
audit(1116881914.014:0): avc: denied { execmod } for pid=1 comm=init
path=/sbin/init dev=hda3 ino=418514 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:init_exec_t tclass=file
/sbin/initKernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
: error while lo ading shared libraries: cannot restore segment prot after
reloc
: Permission denied
-----

Weird though: I have about the same setup on another system which runs just
fine with linux-2.6.11-hardened-r13 as kernel. ls -Z shows no differenced for
the /sbin/init-labeling, and the kernel.te and bootloader.te show no
differences as far as I can tell. And both kernels are compiled with the
exact same .config file.

Make relabel doesn't change a thing.

Does anyone have a clue where to look or what to do?

regards,

Roel

When I use the old kernel, everything is fine again.