Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Hardened

SELinux change history

Gentoo hardened RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

swift at gentoo

SELinux change history

Hi guys,

I've made an attempt to document, in a high-level and simple approach, the
changes made to a SELinux installation since a particular date. This might
help users, who have installed SELinux in the past, to easily see if changes
were made that affect their system.

For instance, an entry in fstab that is no longer needed, etc.

These changes often do not warrant a Gentoo News item, but I can imagine
that it is a useful resource for users to visit from time to time (or when a
problem occurs).

A preview can be found at http://goo.gl/fvymW

Two questions:
- Is it, in your eyes, interesting
- If so, is it best placed at the end of the SELinux Handbook, or kept as a
separate guide (and just documented in the handbook that it exists)?

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

h.v.bruinehsen at fu-berlin

Re: SELinux change history [In reply to]

On 26.05.2012 21:30, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've made an attempt to document, in a high-level and simple
> approach, the changes made to a SELinux installation since a
> particular date. This might help users, who have installed SELinux
> in the past, to easily see if changes were made that affect their
> system.
>
> For instance, an entry in fstab that is no longer needed, etc.
>
> These changes often do not warrant a Gentoo News item, but I can
> imagine that it is a useful resource for users to visit from time
> to time (or when a problem occurs).
>
> A preview can be found at http://goo.gl/fvymW
>
> Two questions: - Is it, in your eyes, interesting - If so, is it
> best placed at the end of the SELinux Handbook, or kept as a
> separate guide (and just documented in the handbook that it
> exists)?
>
> Wkr, Sven Vermeulen

Hi,

first of all I would like to thank you for your work.

Concernung your questions:

- - For me it's a grat idea, because it will be far easier to track
changes that way

- - I think it makes sense to place it inside the SELinux Handbook,
because then all information would be at one place.
I can't see a reason to put it somewhere else, either (If you can't
access the handbook, you can't access the "Changelog").

WKR
Hinnerk

PS: If you didn't notice: the links inside the preview are broken,
because they refer to pages at gitweb that doesn't exist. Most likely
that will be automatically fixed when you upload it to the right
place, but I thought I'd comment on it nonetheless.

Gentoo hardened RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded