Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Embedded

ARM manuals

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wireless at tampabay

Feb 29, 2012, 11:35 AM

ARM manuals

Hello,

I know my ideas to main stream Gentoo on arm, are not very popular
with gentoo devs.

A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring
some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely
an interesting idea. Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to
publish documents, very easily.

The point of this message, is to share the Ubuntu vision
for (Ubuntu) Linux on ARM; where the embedded and the
computer versions of Linux are on a collision coarse.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM

I hope you enjoy Ubuntu's vision for Linux on Arm.
In essence, it will soon be as ubiquitous as x86,
or at least many believe this scenario is plausible.

On this link above, we see where TI, Freescale and Nvidia
are all lining up for a piece of the corps (the x86 corps
that is).

enjoy!
James

dennis.yxun at gmail

Feb 29, 2012, 8:41 PM

Re: ARM manuals [In reply to]

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:35 AM, wireless <wireless [at] tampabay> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know my ideas to main stream Gentoo on arm, are not very popular
> with gentoo devs.
>
> A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring
> some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely
> an interesting idea. Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to

have ever noticed that article published on Apr 1st?