r.berber at computer
Dec 19, 2011, 3:48 PM
Post #1 of 5
Emerge gets in the way using target x86_64-w64-mingw32
Errors like this make emerge unusable:
# PORT_LOGDIR=/tmp x86_64-w64-mingw32-emerge -av
* QA Notice: Excessive files found in the / partition
* ERROR: dev-libs/libiconv-1.14 failed:
* static archives (*.a) and libtool library files (*.la) do not
belong in /
* Call stack:
* misc-functions.sh, line 992: Called install_qa_check
* misc-functions.sh, line 546: Called die
The messages are confused, first it complains about the .dll.a which are
then deleted, then it complains about .a and .la files which are left.
There is no problem having .a, .dll.a, and .la files together, they are
different things used for different purpose (one is the real static
library, the other is just the symbol definitions used when linking to
the dynamic library).
Any idea how to coax emerge to stop making the wrong assumption?