Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Embedded

adding external toolchain to crossdev

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

chris at basementcode

Dec 6, 2011, 7:03 AM

adding external toolchain to crossdev

I'm trying to use the codesourcery toolchain in an emerge/crossdev
environment. The toolchain prefix is arm-none-linux-gnueabi.

I decided to try to manually create the emerge wrappers that crossdev
would. I made the following files:
# ls -l /usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Dec 5 17:32
/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge -> cross-emerge

# cat /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/etc/portage/make.conf
CHOST=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
CBUILD=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
ARCH=arm

HOSTCC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
E_MACHINE=EM_ARM

ROOT=/usr/${CHOST}/

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="arm ~arm"
[...snip...]

# ls -l /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/etc/make.profile
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 59 Dec 2 15:52
/usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/etc/make.profile ->
/usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/arm/10.0/armv7a/server/

running arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge --info says that
CHOST="arm-none-linux-gnueabi" yet for some reason packages I emerge get
built with the system gcc. If anybody knows of any steps I may have
missed to get this toolchain working properly please let me know.

thanks.

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded