Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Embedded

measuring init scripts loading times until boot prompt

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lavi.kfir at gmail

Jan 2, 2011, 11:15 AM

measuring init scripts loading times until boot prompt

Hi,
I need to cut the loading times.
This brings me to search for a profiling method for openrc and baselayout
2.
My target system is glibc + baselayout 2.

How can I do this profiling?
I know it is possible to do parallel with openrc, but not sure how. j

What do you recommend to do?

Regards,
Kfir

vapier at gentoo

Jan 2, 2011, 1:33 PM

Re: measuring init scripts loading times until boot prompt [In reply to]

On Sunday, January 02, 2011 14:15:48 Kfir Lavi wrote:
> I need to cut the loading times.
> This brings me to search for a profiling method for openrc and baselayout
> 2.
> My target system is glibc + baselayout 2.
>
> How can I do this profiling?

use bootchart
-mike
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded