Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Embedded

ZTE MF100

 

 

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


superlight2008 at gmail

Feb 18, 2010, 2:45 AM

Post #1 of 6 (4319 views)
Permalink
ZTE MF100

Hey All,

I want to switch mode of ZTE MF100 from cd-rom storage to modem,but when i
tried
usb_modeswitch i got the following error :

usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 15 (on)
USB error: couldn't opendir(): No such file or directory

Looking for target devices ...
No devices in target mode or class found
Looking for default devices ...
No default device found. Is it connected? Bye.

the command is :

usb_modeswitch -W -p 0x19d2 -v 0x2000 -P 0x19d2 -V 0x0031

and this is the output od dmesg:

usb-storage: device scan complete
scsi 1:0:0:0: CD-ROM ZTE USB SCSI CD-ROM 2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
usb 1-3: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 1-3: new full speed USB device using ep93xx-ohci and address 3
usb 1-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usb-storage: device found at 3
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb-storage: device scan complete
scsi 2:0:0:0: CD-ROM ZTE USB SCSI CD-ROM 2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2

Am i missing some thing?.

Regards,
Mirage.

--
Never Think Hard About Past,It brings"Tears" Don't think more about future,
It brings"Fears" Live this moment with a Smile, It brings"Cheers".


peter at stuge

Feb 18, 2010, 3:33 AM

Post #2 of 6 (4241 views)
Permalink
Re: ZTE MF100 [In reply to]

Mirage ha wrote:
> I want to switch mode of ZTE MF100 from cd-rom storage to modem,but
> when i tried usb_modeswitch i got the following error :
>
> usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 15 (on)
> USB error: couldn't opendir(): No such file or directory

Hmm. Maybe the program requires usbfs to be mounted? That is usually
not done on newer Linux systems, and it is not strictly neccessary.

At least for Huawei modems the modeswitch command should be added
into the Linux kernel, so that there is no need to maintain the
separate utility.


> Am i missing some thing?.

I would suggest contributing a modeswitch patch to the Linux kernel.

Second best option would be to update the usb_modeswitch utility so
that it no longer requires usbfs to be mounted.


//Peter


lists at wildgooses

Feb 18, 2010, 8:25 AM

Post #3 of 6 (4246 views)
Permalink
Re: ZTE MF100 [In reply to]

> At least for Huawei modems the modeswitch command should be added
> into the Linux kernel, so that there is no need to maintain the
> separate utility.
>
>

I'm not sure that's a universally preferred option? What if you actually
wanted to access the memory card part of the device?

You would at least need some way to get the kernel to toggle the
hardware around? I would have thought that starts to look like a
userspace utility again...?

It would be nice for these devices to work more easily though..

Ed


peter at stuge

Feb 18, 2010, 1:08 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4235 views)
Permalink
Re: ZTE MF100 [In reply to]

Ed W wrote:
>> At least for Huawei modems the modeswitch command should be added
>> into the Linux kernel, so that there is no need to maintain the
>> separate utility.
>
> I'm not sure that's a universally preferred option? What if you
> actually wanted to access the memory card part of the device?

I believe the memory card reader is always separately available. The
issue is that at first, the device exposes only a CD-ROM with branded
software - stored internally in the modem separately from any memory
card.


> It would be nice for these devices to work more easily though..

Having the modeswitch in the kernel makes it work consistently and
reliably like a modem. I like that a lot.


//Peter


superlight2008 at gmail

Feb 23, 2010, 7:26 AM

Post #5 of 6 (4215 views)
Permalink
Re: ZTE MF100 [In reply to]

On 2/18/10, Peter Stuge <peter [at] stuge> wrote:
>
>
> I would suggest contributing a modeswitch patch to the Linux kernel.
>
> Second best option would be to update the usb_modeswitch utility so
> that it no longer requires usbfs to be mounted.
>
>
> //Peter
>
> thaks for your reply ,i tried the second suggestion but i am facing a
problem when cross merging usb_modeswith 1.1.0
it fails when merging tcl ( in linking step ) the error is:
multiple definition of 'fixstrtod'.

i do not know why usb_modeswitch requires to merge tcl,is there any option
to disable it?
or is there any patch to fix this error?

Thanks.


--
Never Think Hard About Past,It brings"Tears" Don't think more about future,
It brings"Fears" Live this moment with a Smile, It brings"Cheers".


superlight2008 at gmail

Feb 24, 2010, 11:43 PM

Post #6 of 6 (4217 views)
Permalink
Re: ZTE MF100 [In reply to]

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Mirage ha <superlight2008 [at] gmail> wrote:

>
>
> On 2/18/10, Peter Stuge <peter [at] stuge> wrote:
>>
>>
>> I would suggest contributing a modeswitch patch to the Linux kernel.
>>
>> Second best option would be to update the usb_modeswitch utility so
>> that it no longer requires usbfs to be mounted.
>>
>>
>> //Peter
>>
>> thaks for your reply ,i tried the second suggestion but i am facing a
> problem when cross merging usb_modeswith 1.1.0
> it fails when merging tcl ( in linking step ) the error is:
> multiple definition of 'fixstrtod'.
>
> i do not know why usb_modeswitch requires to merge tcl,is there any option
> to disable it?
> or is there any patch to fix this error?
>
> Thanks.
>


I tried again with the old version and it is now working after i mounted
usbfs.

Thanks Peter for your time.

--
Never Think Hard About Past,It brings"Tears" Don't think more about future,
It brings"Fears" Live this moment with a Smile, It brings"Cheers".

Gentoo embedded RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.