Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Embedded
Re: busybox and virtuals (editor, pager etc.)

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

c.affolter at stepping-stone

Jul 22, 2009, 7:04 AM

Re: busybox and virtuals (editor, pager etc.) [In reply to]

Hi Ed

> I'm currently doing something very similar - would be interested to
> compare notes and build scripts.

Sure, right now I don't have any fancy build scripts, as I'm in the
prototype phase... More or less following the Gentoo Embedded Handbook
approaches.

> Right now I have quite a few patches
> to get all this to build correctly. Still not got dbus built though...

Luckily I don't have to use dbus ;)

> Note, I got quite a long way with mdev, but having some problems getting
> module loading working correctly with hotplug. Switched to udev for
> some testing, but may look to go back to mdev at some point.

OK, good to know. Therefore I will stick with udev.
I have static device nodes at the moment, but would like to switch to a
dynamic solution.

> Additionally I have gone hardened + aufs with the intention to use a
> squashfs+aufs root image
>
> Slightly buggered in that I can't get git built in my chroot either...
> Would like to push all this stuff out somewhere, but this makes it more
> tricky...

Why don't you use git from outside of your embedded-root?

> Good luck with your project

Thanks, same to you
Chris