Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc

Serbian translation

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

meka at ns-linux

Serbian translation

Hello! Couple of us would like to translate the gentoo doc to serbian, but
we have some questions. Fist,
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/translators-howto.xml says (if I
understand it correctly) that in one point we should upload Part I of the
handbook and one of Translation Accuracy chapters. In the mean time, we
have to put it on some server. Is that right? If so, do we need to take
any other actions, like hide the translated pages or something? Thanx!

rane at gentoo

Re: Serbian translation [In reply to]

2008/5/14 <meka [at] ns-linux>:
> Hello! Couple of us would like to translate the gentoo doc to serbian, but
> we have some questions. Fist,
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/translators-howto.xml says (if I
> understand it correctly) that in one point we should upload Part I of the
> handbook and one of Translation Accuracy chapters. In the mean time, we
> have to put it on some server. Is that right? If so, do we need to take
> any other actions, like hide the translated pages or something? Thanx!

You don't need to hide anything. When you have something ready to be
published, just open a new bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org assigned to
docs-team [at] gentoo with [sr] in its title and attach all the
translated files to it. Somebody (which means neysx) will take over
from then on.

Also, please read all other docs mentioned on http://gdp.gentoo.org,
they contain many useful tips to make your work easier. Even if you
think they don't concern translations.

Regards,

Łukasz Damentko
(v%l+f)+-

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded