Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc

nvidia guide updates

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nightmorph at gentoo

Jul 19, 2007, 9:39 PM

nvidia guide updates

Hey all. Just so you know, now that I've read the news about the changes
to nvidia-drivers and nvidia-legacy-drivers (from cardoe's blog
http://blog.cardoe.com/archives/2007/07/19/nvidia-drivers-updates/), I'm
rewriting the nVidia guide and other guides that mention the nvidia drivers.

The gist of it is that nvidia-legacy-drivers is going away, in favor of
an all-inclusive nvidia-drivers ebuild with versions for everything
available, including the one that used to be in -legacy. It's got a
smart new nvidia.eclass to do some autodetection so that the right
driver gets installed for your card(s).

Anyway, just letting you know that I'm working on it, so don't bother to
open bugs or poke the files (nvidia-guide.xml, dri-howto.xml,
gentoo-amd64-faq.xml). I anticipate having these finished soon.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.18 KB)

nightmorph at gentoo

Jul 22, 2007, 12:34 AM

Re: nvidia guide updates [In reply to]

Josh Saddler wrote:
> Hey all. Just so you know, now that I've read the news about the changes
> to nvidia-drivers and nvidia-legacy-drivers (from cardoe's blog
> http://blog.cardoe.com/archives/2007/07/19/nvidia-drivers-updates/), I'm
> rewriting the nVidia guide and other guides that mention the nvidia drivers.
>
> The gist of it is that nvidia-legacy-drivers is going away, in favor of
> an all-inclusive nvidia-drivers ebuild with versions for everything
> available, including the one that used to be in -legacy. It's got a
> smart new nvidia.eclass to do some autodetection so that the right
> driver gets installed for your card(s).
>
> Anyway, just letting you know that I'm working on it, so don't bother to
> open bugs or poke the files (nvidia-guide.xml, dri-howto.xml,
> gentoo-amd64-faq.xml). I anticipate having these finished soon.

Updates are finished. Rewrote the nvidia guide and accompanying
references in other docs. We now return you to your regularly scheduled
program.