Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc

Gentoo Installer translations requested

 

 

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


codeman at gentoo

Feb 21, 2007, 12:58 PM

Post #1 of 15 (2154 views)
Permalink
Gentoo Installer translations requested

Hello all,
I have learned from last release's attempt at internationalization and
have gotten .pot files ready beforehand this time. I have taken the
helpful advice of Flammie and changed a lot of the strings to make
things easier for you all.
Unfortunately for your translations to make it into the release I will
need them in the next few weeks. I am sorry I could not give you guys
more time, but gli-dialog didn't really stabilize until very recently.

According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
The translation files should go in
/gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
If you do not have access to svn please email me the files directly
and I will add them.
Thanks in advance, and let's make this the first internationalized
gentoo installer!

-Codeman
Attachments: gli-dialog.pot (42.7 KB)
  GLIInstallProfile.pot (6.75 KB)


robert.zhangle at gmail

Feb 21, 2007, 1:31 PM

Post #2 of 15 (2101 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gli/trunk/src/fe/dialog/languages/
Are these pot's the final version?
If so, I'd like to translate them into Simplified Chinese.

--
Zhang Le, Robert
Linux Engineer/Trainer
http://zhllg.blogspot.com
http://zh.gentoo-wiki.com
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pgubook
http://groups.google.com/group/gentoo-china
http://groups.google.com/group/szlug


codeman at gentoo

Feb 21, 2007, 1:40 PM

Post #3 of 15 (2097 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

no, the trunk .pot files are NOT current.
you need to look here:
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/

I also hopefully attached them to that last email (hard to say, it was
my third attempt at sending it).
I would welcome the Chinese translation :)
-Codeman

On 2/21/07, Zhang Le <robert.zhangle [at] gmail> wrote:
> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gli/trunk/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> Are these pot's the final version?
> If so, I'd like to translate them into Simplified Chinese.
--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


robert.zhangle at gmail

Feb 21, 2007, 1:51 PM

Post #4 of 15 (2100 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

On 2/22/07, Preston Cody <codeman [at] gentoo> wrote:
>
> no, the trunk .pot files are NOT current.
> you need to look here:
>
> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/


Just these two files? no more?
If so, I can start working soon.

I also hopefully attached them to that last email (hard to say, it was
> my third attempt at sending it).


Actually, I have seen them.
Just want to find them on svn and verify that they are the latest.
:)

--
Zhang Le, Robert
Linux Engineer/Trainer
http://zhllg.blogspot.com
http://zh.gentoo-wiki.com
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pgubook
http://groups.google.com/group/gentoo-china
http://groups.google.com/group/szlug


jakob.buchgraber at googlemail

Feb 22, 2007, 2:29 AM

Post #5 of 15 (2095 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

Preston Cody wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have learned from last release's attempt at internationalization and
> have gotten .pot files ready beforehand this time. I have taken the
> helpful advice of Flammie and changed a lot of the strings to make
> things easier for you all.
> Unfortunately for your translations to make it into the release I will
> need them in the next few weeks. I am sorry I could not give you guys
> more time, but gli-dialog didn't really stabilize until very recently.
>
> According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> The translation files should go in
> /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> If you do not have access to svn please email me the files directly
> and I will add them.
> Thanks in advance, and let's make this the first internationalized
> gentoo installer!
>
> -Codeman
Hey!
Is there already a German version? I'd like to translate them into German.

Cheers,
Jay

--
My system configuration (Gentoo Linux): http://www.linux-stats.org/index.php?c=userpage&sys=810
Registered Linux User #373457

--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


flammie at gentoo

Feb 22, 2007, 8:44 AM

Post #6 of 15 (2094 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

2007-02-21, Preston Cody sanoi:

> According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> The translation files should go in
> /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/

I have a feeling I asked this before, but can't remember the answer, so
what name shall be used for translation files? *.fi.po for Finnish?

--
Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator
and FlameEyes’ bot <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.18 KB)


codeman at gentoo

Feb 22, 2007, 9:30 AM

Post #7 of 15 (2099 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

Jakob: nope, no German version yet. Go for it :)

On 2/22/07, Flammie Pirinen <flammie [at] gentoo> wrote:
> > According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> > The translation files should go in
> > /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
>
> I have a feeling I asked this before, but can't remember the answer, so
> what name shall be used for translation files? *.fi.po for Finnish?

The format should be a subdirectory for the language and then .po for the files.
so for finnish it would be /languages/fi/gli-dialog.po
I'm not certain of this, but once you've committed it i can play
around and see which way it works out.
Thanks again,
-Codeman
--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


jakob.buchgraber at googlemail

Feb 22, 2007, 10:14 AM

Post #8 of 15 (2099 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

Preston Cody wrote:
> Jakob: nope, no German version yet. Go for it :)
>
> On 2/22/07, Flammie Pirinen <flammie [at] gentoo> wrote:
>> > According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
>> > The translation files should go in
>> > /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
>>
>> I have a feeling I asked this before, but can't remember the answer, so
>> what name shall be used for translation files? *.fi.po for Finnish?
>
> The format should be a subdirectory for the language and then .po for
> the files.
> so for finnish it would be /languages/fi/gli-dialog.po
> I'm not certain of this, but once you've committed it i can play
> around and see which way it works out.
> Thanks again,
> -Codeman
Ok. I'll translate the two files within the next few days. Would you be
so kind as to create me an svn account? As I'd also like to help writing
and translating documentations in the future.

Cheers,
Jay

--
My system configuration (Gentoo Linux): http://www.linux-stats.org/index.php?c=userpage&sys=810
Registered Linux User #373457

--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


jkt at gentoo

Feb 22, 2007, 10:31 AM

Post #9 of 15 (2097 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

Jakob Buchgraber wrote:
> Ok. I'll translate the two files within the next few days. Would you be
> so kind as to create me an svn account?

Hi Jakob,
sorry, but we don't create SVN accounts. You can send your translation
by mail, the instructions are described in the first mail in this thread.

> As I'd also like to help writing and translating documentations in the future.

Nice to hear this. Make sure you read through various docs [1] to know
how exactly we work and what are the best ways to help us.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/#doc_chap4

Cheers,
-jkt



--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


grahl at gentoo

Feb 22, 2007, 10:36 AM

Post #10 of 15 (2099 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

On Thursday 22 February 2007 12:14:14 Jakob Buchgraber wrote:
> Preston Cody wrote:
> > Jakob: nope, no German version yet. Go for it :)
> >
> > On 2/22/07, Flammie Pirinen <flammie [at] gentoo> wrote:
> >> > According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> >> > The translation files should go in
> >> > /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> >>
> >> I have a feeling I asked this before, but can't remember the answer, so
> >> what name shall be used for translation files? *.fi.po for Finnish?
> >
> > The format should be a subdirectory for the language and then .po for
> > the files.
> > so for finnish it would be /languages/fi/gli-dialog.po
> > I'm not certain of this, but once you've committed it i can play
> > around and see which way it works out.
> > Thanks again,
> > -Codeman
>
> Ok. I'll translate the two files within the next few days. Would you be
> so kind as to create me an svn account? As I'd also like to help writing
> and translating documentations in the future.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
>
> --
> My system configuration (Gentoo Linux):
> http://www.linux-stats.org/index.php?c=userpage&sys=810 Registered Linux
> User #373457

Hi Jakob,
thanks for translating the files, since you mentioned that you wanted to do
further german translations, take a look at this page:
http://www.gentoo.de/proj/de/gtt/information.xml
If you have any questions about german translations send me an email or talk
to me on IRC.

Hendrik
--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


jakob.buchgraber at googlemail

Feb 22, 2007, 11:34 AM

Post #11 of 15 (2094 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Jakob Buchgraber wrote:
>> Ok. I'll translate the two files within the next few days. Would you
>> be so kind as to create me an svn account?
>
> Hi Jakob,
> sorry, but we don't create SVN accounts. You can send your translation
> by mail, the instructions are described in the first mail in this thread.
>
>> As I'd also like to help writing and translating documentations in
>> the future.
>
> Nice to hear this. Make sure you read through various docs [1] to know
> how exactly we work and what are the best ways to help us.
>
> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/#doc_chap4
>
> Cheers,
> -jkt
>
>
>
But how can I maintain the translations then? Shall I always send you an
e-mail?

Best Regards Jay

--
My system configuration (Gentoo Linux): http://www.linux-stats.org/index.php?c=userpage&sys=810
Registered Linux User #373457

--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


erik.simmesgard at gmail

Feb 24, 2007, 3:46 AM

Post #12 of 15 (2096 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

I would, and will translate the installer to Swedish. If it, of course, has
not been already done!
Is there someone working on the Swedish translations?

On 2/21/07, Preston Cody <codeman [at] gentoo> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> I have learned from last release's attempt at internationalization and
> have gotten .pot files ready beforehand this time. I have taken the
> helpful advice of Flammie and changed a lot of the strings to make
> things easier for you all.
> Unfortunately for your translations to make it into the release I will
> need them in the next few weeks. I am sorry I could not give you guys
> more time, but gli-dialog didn't really stabilize until very recently.
>
> According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> The translation files should go in
> /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> If you do not have access to svn please email me the files directly
> and I will add them.
> Thanks in advance, and let's make this the first internationalized
> gentoo installer!
>
> -Codeman
>
>


flammie at gentoo

Mar 5, 2007, 12:20 PM

Post #13 of 15 (2094 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

2007-02-22, Preston Cody sanoi:

> On 2/22/07, Flammie Pirinen <flammie [at] gentoo> wrote:
> > > According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> > > The translation files should go in
> > > /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> >
> > I have a feeling I asked this before, but can't remember the
> > answer, so what name shall be used for translation files? *.fi.po
> > for Finnish?
>
> The format should be a subdirectory for the language and then .po for
> the files. so for finnish it would be /languages/fi/gli-dialog.po
> I'm not certain of this, but once you've committed it i can play
> around and see which way it works out.

I tried to commit but failed. Perhaps my rights have been taken away
due to some inactivity lately? Anyways, svn told me that:

Enter passphrase for key '/home/flammie/.ssh/id_dsa':
Adding fi
Adding fi/GLIInstallProfile.po
Adding fi/gli-dialog.po
Transmitting file data ..svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't create directory
'/var/svnroot/gli/db/transactions/1754-1.txn': Permission denied svn:
Your commit message was left in a temporary file: svn:
'/home/flammie/work/gentoo/svn/gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/svn-commit.tmp'

Seems a bit odd. This is my first commit after server change, so that
might also be the reason. Any ideas, anyone?
--
Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator
and FlameEyes’ bot <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.18 KB)


robert.zhangle at gmail

Mar 19, 2007, 9:57 AM

Post #14 of 15 (2098 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

Hi, I find there are one more file in the following directory and
gli-dialog.pot has changed a lot since its first version.
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/src/installer/src/fe/dialog/languages/
May I ask when will the final version of those po files be ready?
Simplified Chinese version for those 3 files will be ready soon.

--
Zhang Le, Robert
http://zhllg.blogspot.com
http://zh.gentoo-wiki.com
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pgubook
http://groups.google.com/group/gentoo-china
http://groups.google.com/group/szlug
--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list


codeman at gentoo

Mar 19, 2007, 11:08 AM

Post #15 of 15 (2097 views)
Permalink
Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested [In reply to]

On 3/19/07, Zhang Le <robert.zhangle [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi, I find there are one more file in the following directory and
> gli-dialog.pot has changed a lot since its first version.
> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/src/installer/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> May I ask when will the final version of those po files be ready?
> Simplified Chinese version for those 3 files will be ready soon.

There are two files in
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
that need to be translated. GLIInstallProfile.pot and gli-dialog.pot
These are the final .pot files for 2007.0 and will not be changed
until after the release.

The deadline for submitting .po files is THURSDAY.
So far I have de,fi,fr,hu, and spanish coming.
-Preston Cody
--
gentoo-doc [at] gentoo mailing list

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.