Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc

make.conf man page mistake?

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lists at seattleserver

Mar 11, 2006, 7:21 AM

make.conf man page mistake?

"Enable portage support for the ccache package. If the ccache dir is not
present in the user's environment, then portage will default to
${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/ccache (with userpriv) and to /root/.ccache otherwise."

I hope that last path is not accurate, as I would expect it to be root's
${HOME}/.ccache, not /root/.ccache, as I none of our systems have a /root (we
use /home/root).

Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe [at] seattleserver | 206-381-2800
SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com

cristiano.chiucchiolo at gmail

Mar 11, 2006, 8:29 AM

Re: make.conf man page mistake? [In reply to]

I DO have a /root directory, never heard of /home/root.

2006/3/11, Casey Allen Shobe <lists [at] seattleserver>:
> "Enable portage support for the ccache package. If the ccache dir is not
> present in the user's environment, then portage will default to
> ${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/ccache (with userpriv) and to /root/.ccache otherwise."
>
> I hope that last path is not accurate, as I would expect it to be root's
> ${HOME}/.ccache, not /root/.ccache, as I none of our systems have a /root (we
> use /home/root).
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe [at] seattleserver | 206-381-2800
> SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com

jkt at gentoo

Mar 12, 2006, 8:36 AM

Re: make.conf man page mistake? [In reply to]

Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> "Enable portage support for the ccache package. If the ccache dir is not
> present in the user's environment, then portage will default to
> ${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/ccache (with userpriv) and to /root/.ccache otherwise."

Hi,
docs-team doesn't manage manpages. You should direct further feedback to
the maintainer of the package in question.

> I hope that last path is not accurate, as I would expect it to be root's
> ${HOME}/.ccache, not /root/.ccache, as I none of our systems have a /root (we
> use /home/root).

Yup, it is ~root/.ccache, but Gentoo uses /root for root's $HOME by default.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth
Attachments: signature.asc (0.25 KB)

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded