Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc

Using the Gentoo Doc Project outside of Gentoo...

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

drgasto at sandia

Using the Gentoo Doc Project outside of Gentoo...

Hello all,

I have been using Gentoo now for several years and one of the things I
really love about it is the quality documentation system. Everything is
consistent and easy to read. It also looks easy to maintain or change
the format of if need be.

I just got tasked with creating a similar system for my project here at
my job. What I am wondering is, is it possible to use the XML and DTD's
that you guys have created in a non-gentoo project? If so... how would
I go about getting it and placing it on my webserver?

Thanks for any help... and keep up the great work!

Derek Gaston

masterdebater at myrealbox

Re: Using the Gentoo Doc Project outside of Gentoo... [In reply to]

drgasto at sandia

Re: Using the Gentoo Doc Project outside of Gentoo... [In reply to]

Thank you for the quick reply!

The tipsntricks document is exactly what I needed... these docs need to
be distributed in html form with the source of the project... so
converting them to HTML is what I need to do.

I actually didn't realize that there was anything server side going on
with the documentation. I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to XML
and XSLT and such... I figured all the transformations were happening on
the client side.

This will get me started though, obviously I have a lot to learn, but
thank you very much for the reply!

Derek Gaston