Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc
General questions about translation fidelity

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jan.kundrat at fzu

Mar 24, 2005, 2:15 PM

General questions about translation fidelity

Hi,
I'm translating Gentoo Handbook into czech (bug #85940 for those
interrested) and I'm in doubt on how much accurate the translation
should be:

1) In handbook/hb-install-system.xml is a description about glibc's
userlocales USE flag and some examples about german locales. Is it OK to
convert these into cs_CZ? I wonder if it would break some policy or
something :-)

2) Similar thing about rsync mirrors - czech language is used only in
central Europe, so may I alter default rsync settings to
rsync.europe.gentoo.org? IMHO I can.

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth