Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Doc

Use of link attribute in <guide> tag

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

swift at gentoo

Aug 19, 2011, 10:33 AM

Use of link attribute in <guide> tag

Hi guys,

If I look at the XSL files, we do not seem to have a dependency on the
<guide link="..." /> usage anymore (I'm talking about the @link attribute).
Running guides without the link tag doesn't seem to break stuff (there are
already quite a few guides without @link). However, that doesn't mean there
isn't any breakage outside.

nightmorph suggested me that it might be possible that some translation
teams are using this information within their own infrastructure for
particular reasons.

Can anyone check if they require this tag to be filled in (in the English
guides)? If not, I'll be removing those attributes from the guides in
/doc/en as well as remove references to it from guides such as
xml-guide.xml.

See also bug #379883 as some kind of "tracker" (for those not subscribed to
the list or using a different escalation path ;-)

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

cam at gentoo

Aug 22, 2011, 7:58 AM

Re: Use of link attribute in <guide> tag [In reply to]

Hi Sven

There is no reference to the link attribute in neysx's trads.rb script that
I and some (I guess) of the translation teams use.

Best regards,
Camille Huot

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Sven Vermeulen <swift [at] gentoo> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> If I look at the XSL files, we do not seem to have a dependency on the
> <guide link="..." /> usage anymore (I'm talking about the @link attribute).
> Running guides without the link tag doesn't seem to break stuff (there are
> already quite a few guides without @link). However, that doesn't mean there
> isn't any breakage outside.
>
> nightmorph suggested me that it might be possible that some translation
> teams are using this information within their own infrastructure for
> particular reasons.
>
> Can anyone check if they require this tag to be filled in (in the English
> guides)? If not, I'll be removing those attributes from the guides in
> /doc/en as well as remove references to it from guides such as
> xml-guide.xml.
>
> See also bug #379883 as some kind of "tracker" (for those not subscribed to
> the list or using a different escalation path ;-)
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

keytoaster at gentoo

Aug 22, 2011, 11:46 AM

Re: Use of link attribute in <guide> tag [In reply to]

Sven Vermeulen wrote, on 08/19/2011 07:33 PM:
> Can anyone check if they require this tag to be filled in (in the English
> guides)? If not, I'll be removing those attributes from the guides in
> /doc/en as well as remove references to it from guides such as
> xml-guide.xml.

gentoo.de forwards requests for English documents to gentoo.org. So no
breakage here either.

Gentoo doc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded