Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Dev

Re: gentoo-x86 commit in dev-perl/XML-Parser: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild ChangeLog

 

 

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


tove at gentoo

Aug 7, 2012, 9:03 AM

Post #1 of 5 (345 views)
Permalink
Re: gentoo-x86 commit in dev-perl/XML-Parser: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild ChangeLog

* "Fabian Groffen (grobian)" <grobian [at] gentoo>:
> grobian 12/08/07 15:21:54
>
> Modified: ChangeLog
> Added: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild
> Log:
> Fix expat detection for FreeBSD that silently went unnoticed.

The following single quotes were dropped:

-myconf="EXPATLIBPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)' EXPATINCPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/include'"
+myconf="EXPATLIBPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir) EXPATINCPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/include"

Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Is it a general problem with
the single quote or a special FreeBSD problem?

I think we should convert all myconf strings to arrays:
myconf=( EXPATLIBPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/$(get_libdir) EXPATINCPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/include )

--
Thanks


mgorny at gentoo

Aug 7, 2012, 9:23 AM

Post #2 of 5 (331 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: gentoo-x86 commit in dev-perl/XML-Parser: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild ChangeLog [In reply to]

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 18:03:14 +0200
Torsten Veller <tove [at] gentoo> wrote:

> * "Fabian Groffen (grobian)" <grobian [at] gentoo>:
> > grobian 12/08/07 15:21:54
> >
> > Modified: ChangeLog
> > Added: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild
> > Log:
> > Fix expat detection for FreeBSD that silently went unnoticed.
>
> The following single quotes were dropped:
>
> -myconf="EXPATLIBPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)'
> EXPATINCPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/include'"
> +myconf="EXPATLIBPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)
> EXPATINCPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/include"
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Is it a general problem with
> the single quote or a special FreeBSD problem?

A general problem. It won't work unless it's eval-ed. And if it were,
there will be more harm than you can possibly imagine.

> I think we should convert all myconf strings to arrays:
> myconf=( EXPATLIBPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/$(get_libdir)
> EXPATINCPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/include )

+1.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny
Attachments: signature.asc (0.31 KB)


grobian at gentoo

Aug 7, 2012, 9:26 AM

Post #3 of 5 (339 views)
Permalink
Re: gentoo-x86 commit in dev-perl/XML-Parser: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild ChangeLog [In reply to]

On 07-08-2012 18:03:14 +0200, Torsten Veller wrote:
> * "Fabian Groffen (grobian)" <grobian [at] gentoo>:
> > grobian 12/08/07 15:21:54
> >
> > Modified: ChangeLog
> > Added: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild
> > Log:
> > Fix expat detection for FreeBSD that silently went unnoticed.
>
> The following single quotes were dropped:
>
> -myconf="EXPATLIBPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)' EXPATINCPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/include'"
> +myconf="EXPATLIBPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir) EXPATINCPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/include"
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Is it a general problem with
> the single quote or a special FreeBSD problem?

I've only observed it happening on FreeBSD indeed.

> I think we should convert all myconf strings to arrays:
> myconf=( EXPATLIBPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/$(get_libdir) EXPATINCPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/include )

I don't understand enough of the Makefile.PL thing to tell why the
quotes work on Darwin, Solaris, but not FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1. I do know
that EPREFIX cannot contain spaces though, hence I applied the fix as
committed. If the array approach works with the eclass, then that'll be
certainly cleaner.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


grobian at gentoo

Aug 7, 2012, 9:28 AM

Post #4 of 5 (330 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: gentoo-x86 commit in dev-perl/XML-Parser: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild ChangeLog [In reply to]

On 07-08-2012 18:23:54 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
> > Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Is it a general problem with
> > the single quote or a special FreeBSD problem?
>
> A general problem. It won't work unless it's eval-ed. And if it were,
> there will be more harm than you can possibly imagine.

It works fine under Linux, Solaris and Darwin. So I think you're
jumping to conclusions here too quickly.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


vivo75 at gmail

Aug 8, 2012, 2:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (320 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: gentoo-x86 commit in dev-perl/XML-Parser: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild ChangeLog [In reply to]

Il 07/08/2012 18:26, Fabian Groffen ha scritto:
> On 07-08-2012 18:03:14 +0200, Torsten Veller wrote:
>> * "Fabian Groffen (grobian)"<grobian [at] gentoo>:
>>> grobian 12/08/07 15:21:54
>>>
>>> Modified: ChangeLog
>>> Added: XML-Parser-2.410.0-r1.ebuild
>>> Log:
>>> Fix expat detection for FreeBSD that silently went unnoticed.
>> The following single quotes were dropped:
>>
>> -myconf="EXPATLIBPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)' EXPATINCPATH='${EPREFIX}/usr/include'"
>> +myconf="EXPATLIBPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir) EXPATINCPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/include"
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Is it a general problem with
>> the single quote or a special FreeBSD problem?
> I've only observed it happening on FreeBSD indeed.
does this work?
myconf="\"EXPATLIBPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)\"
\"EXPATINCPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/include\""

and does thos work with spaces in EPREFIX, are they allowed in there at all?
myconf="EXPATLIBPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/$(get_libdir)
EXPATINCPATH=${EPREFIX}/usr/include"

>
>> I think we should convert all myconf strings to arrays:
>> myconf=( EXPATLIBPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/$(get_libdir) EXPATINCPATH="${EPREFIX}"/usr/include )
> I don't understand enough of the Makefile.PL thing to tell why the
> quotes work on Darwin, Solaris, but not FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1. I do know
> that EPREFIX cannot contain spaces though, hence I applied the fix as
> committed. If the array approach works with the eclass, then that'll be
> certainly cleaner.
yep

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.