Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Dev

latest commits to dev-lang/go

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

williamh at gentoo

latest commits to dev-lang/go

All,

I know my latest commits to dev-lang/go haven't updated the ChangeLog.

I got into the habbit of using repoman commit -[Mm] to do that, but for
some reason that stopped working.

I will use echangelog from this ponit until I hear that repoman commit
has been fixed.

Thanks,

William

williamh at gentoo

Re: latest commits to dev-lang/go [In reply to]

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 06:37:39PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> All,
>
> I know my latest commits to dev-lang/go haven't updated the ChangeLog.
>
> I got into the habbit of using repoman commit -[Mm] to do that, but for
> some reason that stopped working.
>
> I will use echangelog from this ponit until I hear that repoman commit
> has been fixed.

Thanks to Zac's quick assistance on irc, I found that this was an issue
with my repository, not repoman.

William

mattst88 at gentoo

Re: latest commits to dev-lang/go [In reply to]

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:07 PM, William Hubbs <williamh [at] gentoo> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 06:37:39PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I know my latest commits to dev-lang/go haven't updated the ChangeLog.
>>
>> I got into the habbit of using repoman commit -[Mm] to do that, but for
>> some reason that stopped working.
>>
>> I will use echangelog from this ponit until I hear that repoman commit
>> has been fixed.
>
> Thanks to Zac's quick assistance on irc, I found that this was an issue
> with my repository, not repoman.
>
> William

So that others don't have the same problem -- what was the issue?

williamh at gentoo

Re: latest commits to dev-lang/go [In reply to]

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:15:28PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:07 PM, William Hubbs <williamh [at] gentoo> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 06:37:39PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I know my latest commits to dev-lang/go haven't updated the ChangeLog.
> >>
> >> I got into the habbit of using repoman commit -[Mm] to do that, but for
> >> some reason that stopped working.
> >>
> >> I will use echangelog from this ponit until I hear that repoman commit
> >> has been fixed.
> >
> > Thanks to Zac's quick assistance on irc, I found that this was an issue
> > with my repository, not repoman.
> >
> > William
> >

> So that others don't have the same problem -- what was the issue?

it had to do with the timestamp of the ChangeLog file being wrong. I just
fixed it by doing

cvs up ChangeLog

while I was in the dev-lang/go directory in my cvs checkout of the
portage repo.

William

zmedico at gentoo

Re: latest commits to dev-lang/go [In reply to]

On 05/15/2012 08:54 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:15:28PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:

>>> Thanks to Zac's quick assistance on irc, I found that this was an issue
>>> with my repository, not repoman.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>> So that others don't have the same problem -- what was the issue?
>
> it had to do with the timestamp of the ChangeLog file being wrong. I just
> fixed it by doing
>
> cvs up ChangeLog
>
> while I was in the dev-lang/go directory in my cvs checkout of the
> portage repo.
>
> William

To explain in some more depth:

If the ChangeLog timestamp differs from the one that's recorded in
CVS/Entries, then repoman thinks you've modified the ChangeLog manually
(or with echangelog), and it assumes that it shouldn't try to generate
an entry. You can use repoman --echangelog=force to force repoman to
generate a ChangeLog entry in this case.
Zac

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded