Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Dev

New category for (libre)office extensions: app-officeext

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dilfridge at gentoo

New category for (libre)office extensions: app-officeext

> > > I've collected information and the extensions (should) work with any
> > > office variant, openoffice and libreoffice. To be more precise, they
> > > should work with anything that uses the so-called "uno bridge".
> > >
> > > This is why I like the new category "office-plugins" best... and
> > > would like to implement that one.
> >
> > Is there any chance that there will be more than one or two office-*
> > categories in future? If not, I think that we shouldn't introduce a
> > new category prefix for this. The category should be named app-*
> > instead.

After some discussion with Ulrich on IRC, we settled on the name
"app-officeext",
which we'll be able to fill with a couple of hundred (open|libre)office
extensions then... :) I guess this is a compromise that we all can live with.

So, I'll implement that tonight.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

dilfridge at gentoo

Re: New category for (libre)office extensions: app-officeext [In reply to]

Am Dienstag 08 Mai 2012, 12:30:04 schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:

> After some discussion with Ulrich on IRC, we settled on the name
> "app-officeext",
> which we'll be able to fill with a couple of hundred (open|libre)office
> extensions then... :) I guess this is a compromise that we all can live
> with.
>
> So, I'll implement that tonight.

And committed.

There's already a first package in there, app-officeext/texmaths - a LaTeX
replacement for the LO formula editor, generating embedded svg. Give it a try,
it's really cool!

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

joerg.schaible at gmx

Re: New category for (libre)office extensions: app-officeext [In reply to]

Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> Am Dienstag 08 Mai 2012, 12:30:04 schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:
>>
>> After some discussion with Ulrich on IRC, we settled on the name
>> "app-officeext",
>> which we'll be able to fill with a couple of hundred (open|libre)office
>> extensions then... :) I guess this is a compromise that we all can live
>> with.
>>
>> So, I'll implement that tonight.
>>

> And committed.
>
> There's already a first package in there, app-officeext/texmaths - a LaTeX
> replacement for the LO formula editor, generating embedded svg. Give it a
> try, it's really cool!

There's also app-office/ooextras since a long time.

- Jörg

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded