Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Dev

github <> g.o.g.o

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jlec at gentoo

Feb 25, 2012, 4:55 AM

github <> g.o.g.o

Hi all,

is there a way to do a way or two way sync between a repo on github and
on g.o.g.o?

I have the felling that I heard of an official overlay which is operated
like this. Could someone please point me to this overlay and the technique?

thanks justin
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

wired at gentoo

Feb 25, 2012, 7:11 AM

Re: github <> g.o.g.o [In reply to]

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:55:37PM +0100, Justin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to do a way or two way sync between a repo on github and
> on g.o.g.o?
>
> I have the felling that I heard of an official overlay which is operated
> like this. Could someone please point me to this overlay and the technique?

For every secondary repo you want to keep synced, add a pushurl entry

pushurl = <git-repo-url>

below your main "url =" line in the repo's .git/config file.
Git will automatically push to all pushurl entries automatically when
you "git push".

We do this in the Qt overlay (with gitorious atm):

[remote "origin"]
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
url = git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/qt.git
pushurl = git [at] gitorious:gentoo-qt/qt.git

Alex Alexander | wired
+ Gentoo Linux Developer
++ www.linuxized.com
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

jlec at gentoo

Feb 27, 2012, 12:22 AM

Re: github <> g.o.g.o [In reply to]

On 25/02/12 16:11, Alex Alexander wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:55:37PM +0100, Justin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is there a way to do a way or two way sync between a repo on github and
>> on g.o.g.o?
>>
>> I have the felling that I heard of an official overlay which is operated
>> like this. Could someone please point me to this overlay and the technique?
>
> For every secondary repo you want to keep synced, add a pushurl entry
>
> pushurl = <git-repo-url>
>
> below your main "url =" line in the repo's .git/config file.
> Git will automatically push to all pushurl entries automatically when
> you "git push".
>
> We do this in the Qt overlay (with gitorious atm):
>
> [remote "origin"]
> fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> url = git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/qt.git
> pushurl = git [at] gitorious:gentoo-qt/qt.git
>
> Regards,

Thanks,

this works really nice.