Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Dev

Packages maintained by bass need a co-maintainer

 

 

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


pacho at gentoo

Jan 28, 2012, 5:29 AM

Post #1 of 17 (860 views)
Permalink
Packages maintained by bass need a co-maintainer

As talked with him, he won't be able to contribute a lot during the
following months and then would be nice to find co-maintainers for
his packages if possible:
app-admin/localepurge
app-admin/recursos
app-doc/ebookmerge
app-misc/gnomecatalog
dev-embedded/gnap-dev
dev-embedded/gnap
net-analyzer/midas-nms
net-im/coccinella
net-misc/htbinit
net-nds/lat
net-proxy/ufdbguard
www-servers/cherokee


Thanks a lot
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


vapier at gentoo

Jan 28, 2012, 12:57 PM

Post #2 of 17 (837 views)
Permalink
Re: Packages maintained by bass need a co-maintainer [In reply to]

On Saturday 28 January 2012 08:29:44 Pacho Ramos wrote:
> As talked with him, he won't be able to contribute a lot during the
> following months and then would be nice to find co-maintainers for
> his packages if possible:
> app-admin/localepurge

can probably just be dropped. packages should respect LINGUAS and only
install the ones the user has listed.
-mike
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)


pacho at gentoo

Jan 28, 2012, 1:05 PM

Post #3 of 17 (841 views)
Permalink
Re: Packages maintained by bass need a co-maintainer [In reply to]

El sáb, 28-01-2012 a las 15:57 -0500, Mike Frysinger escribió:
> On Saturday 28 January 2012 08:29:44 Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > As talked with him, he won't be able to contribute a lot during the
> > following months and then would be nice to find co-maintainers for
> > his packages if possible:
> > app-admin/localepurge
>
> can probably just be dropped. packages should respect LINGUAS and only
> install the ones the user has listed.
> -mike

The problem is that I am sure it still cleans files for some packages
that probably don't respect LINGUAS, not sure if maybe we could fix them
in other way not too difficult :-/
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


purslow at ca

Jan 28, 2012, 9:01 PM

Post #4 of 17 (844 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

120128 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 28 January 2012 08:29:44 Pacho Ramos wrote:
>> As talked with him, he won't be able to contribute a lot
>> during the following months and then would be nice
>> to find co-maintainers for his packages if possible:
>> app-admin/localepurge
> can probably just be dropped. packages should respect LINGUAS
> and only install the ones the user has listed.

'should do' <> 'does' (smile).
Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system update.
Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.

root:502 ~> localepurge
* localepurge: processing locale files in /usr/share/locale ...
removed `/usr/share/locale/af/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/af/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/af/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ang/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/as/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/as/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/as/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/az/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/az/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/be/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/be/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bn/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bn/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bn/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bn_IN/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bn_IN/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bn_IN/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/br/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/br/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bs/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/bs/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_CA/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_CA/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_CA/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eu/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eu/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eu/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/eu/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gu/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gu/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/gu/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hi/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hi/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hi/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hr/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/hy/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ia/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/is/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/is/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ka/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ka/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ka/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ka/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/kk/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/kn/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/kn/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/kn/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ku/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ku/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ky/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/li/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mi/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mk/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mk/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mk/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ml/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ml/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ml/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mn/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mn/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mn/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mr/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mr/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/mr/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ms/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ms/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ne/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ne/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ne/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nn/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nn/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nn/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/nso/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/oc/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/oc/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/oc/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/or/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/or/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/or/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pa/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pa/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pa/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ps/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ps/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sq/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sq/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sq/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sq/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sr [at] ij/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/te/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/te/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/te/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/th/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/th/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/th/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/th/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tk/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/tt/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ug/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ug/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/ug/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/sane-backends.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/uz/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/wa/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/wa/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/wa/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/xh/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/yi/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_HK/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_HK/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_HK/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/evince.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/gdk-pixbuf.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-doc-utils.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/xkeyboard-config.mo'
removed `/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/rekonq.mo'
* localepurge: Disk space freed in /usr/share/locale: 9656K
* localepurge: processing locale files in /usr/local/share/locale ...
* localepurge: processing locale files in /usr/kde/3.5/share/locale ...
* localepurge: processing locale files in /usr/lib/locale ...
* localepurge: processing man pages in /usr/share/man ...
* localepurge: Disk space freed in /usr/share/man: 44K
* localepurge: processing man pages in /usr/local/share/man ...
root:503 ~>

--
========================,,============================================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca


vapier at gentoo

Jan 29, 2012, 11:09 AM

Post #5 of 17 (837 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Sunday 29 January 2012 00:01:50 Philip Webb wrote:
> 120128 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Saturday 28 January 2012 08:29:44 Pacho Ramos wrote:
> >> As talked with him, he won't be able to contribute a lot
> >> during the following months and then would be nice
> >> to find co-maintainers for his packages if possible:
> >> app-admin/localepurge
> >
> > can probably just be dropped. packages should respect LINGUAS
> > and only install the ones the user has listed.
>
> 'should do' <> 'does' (smile).

what is this, basic !?

> Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system update.
> Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.

the vast majority of that output comes from like 3 or 4 packages. file bugs if
you want things to actually get fixed.
-mike
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)


purslow at ca

Jan 30, 2012, 1:19 AM

Post #6 of 17 (839 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

120129 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 29 January 2012 00:01:50 Philip Webb wrote:
>> Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system update.
>> Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.
> the vast majority of that output comes from like 3 or 4 packages.

All of it comes from 6 packages which I recently installed/updated :
evince gdk-pix-buf rekonq xkeyboard-config gnome-doc-utils sane-backends
The total rubbish cleaned out for these 6 was > 9 MB .
The last 3 belong to major projects -- X Gnome Sane -- ,
which suggests that other pkgs they manage may suffer the same defect.

> file bugs if you want things to actually get fixed.

No, that's not the way it should be handled.
Filing bugs -- 6 of them in this case -- is no guarantee of attention even,
let alone action to fix the problem. Moreover, if it's fixable by Gentoo,
the dev involved should do it as a matter of course without needing a bug.

There is a perfectly effective script which cleans up the mess
& the only problem with it seems to be temporary lack of a maintainer,
who is not essential anyway if there's nothing which needs fixing
& should not be difficult to replace with a simple request for a volunteer.

Please leave 'localepurge' where it is.

--
========================,,============================================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca


antarus at gentoo

Jan 30, 2012, 1:27 AM

Post #7 of 17 (834 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Philip Webb <purslow [at] ca> wrote:
> 120129 Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Sunday 29 January 2012 00:01:50 Philip Webb wrote:
>>> Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system update.
>>> Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.
>> the vast majority of that output comes from like 3 or 4 packages.
>
> All of it comes from  6  packages which I recently installed/updated :
>  evince gdk-pix-buf rekonq xkeyboard-config gnome-doc-utils sane-backends
> The total rubbish cleaned out for these  6  was  > 9 MB .
> The last  3  belong to major projects -- X Gnome Sane -- ,
> which suggests that other pkgs they manage may suffer the same defect.
>
>> file bugs if you want things to actually get fixed.
>
> No, that's not the way it should be handled.
> Filing bugs --  6  of them in this case -- is no guarantee of attention even,
> let alone action to fix the problem.  Moreover, if it's fixable by Gentoo,
> the dev involved should do it as a matter of course without needing a bug.

Wallpapering (and subsequently not reporting) the problem just means
it will never be fixed.

>
> There is a perfectly effective script which cleans up the mess
> & the only problem with it seems to be temporary lack of a maintainer,
> who is not essential anyway if there's nothing which needs fixing
> & should not be difficult to replace with a simple request for a volunteer.
>
> Please leave 'localepurge' where it is.
>
> --
> ========================,,============================================
> SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
> ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
> TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
>
>


leio at gentoo

Jan 30, 2012, 1:32 AM

Post #8 of 17 (838 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On E, 2012-01-30 at 04:19 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 120129 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 January 2012 00:01:50 Philip Webb wrote:
> >> Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system update.
> >> Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.
> > the vast majority of that output comes from like 3 or 4 packages.
>
> All of it comes from 6 packages which I recently installed/updated :
> evince gdk-pix-buf rekonq xkeyboard-config gnome-doc-utils sane-backends
> The total rubbish cleaned out for these 6 was > 9 MB .
> The last 3 belong to major projects -- X Gnome Sane -- ,
> which suggests that other pkgs they manage may suffer the same defect.

Do you even have LINGUAS set in /etc/make.conf or something?
Because at least evince, gdk-pixbuf, xkeyboard-config and
gnome-doc-utils DO honor LINGUAS.

All GNOME packages that use intltool (that is pretty much everything
except a few low-level libraries) honor LINGUAS much more than
localepurge would ever be able clean afterwards. For example, .desktop
files only have translation lines for languages listed in LINGUAS. Same
for gconf and dconf schemas. Also all end-user documentation
in /usr/share/gnome/help/appname/lang_code/

> > file bugs if you want things to actually get fixed.
>
> No, that's not the way it should be handled.
> Filing bugs -- 6 of them in this case -- is no guarantee of attention even,
> let alone action to fix the problem. Moreover, if it's fixable by Gentoo,
> the dev involved should do it as a matter of course without needing a bug.

Per above, we would close at least 4 of those bugs as INVALID or at
least OBSOLETE (if some older version had it wrong).
At least in GNOME we feel quite strong about things properly honoring
LINGUAS per old standard GNU conventions. This means installing ALL
translations if LINGUAS is unset, and none if LINGUAS is set to an empty
string.

> There is a perfectly effective script which cleans up the mess
> & the only problem with it seems to be temporary lack of a maintainer,
> who is not essential anyway if there's nothing which needs fixing
> & should not be difficult to replace with a simple request for a volunteer.
>
> Please leave 'localepurge' where it is.

Above said, I also do find a use on some systems for localepurge, to
catch the packages that don't honor it.
Though for embedded deployments I might as well not include the
non-interesting language directories in the image.


Best,
Mart Raudsepp


purslow at ca

Jan 30, 2012, 3:56 AM

Post #9 of 17 (831 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

120130 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> Do you even have LINGUAS set in /etc/make.conf or something?
> Because at least evince, gdk-pixbuf, xkeyboard-config and
> gnome-doc-utils DO honor LINGUAS.
>
> All GNOME packages that use intltool (that is pretty much everything
> except a few low-level libraries) honor LINGUAS much more than
> localepurge would ever be able clean afterwards. For example, .desktop
> files only have translation lines for languages listed in LINGUAS. Same
> for gconf and dconf schemas. Also all end-user documentation
> in /usr/share/gnome/help/appname/lang_code/
>
> Per above, we would close at least 4 of those bugs as INVALID or at
> least OBSOLETE (if some older version had it wrong).
> At least in GNOME we feel quite strong about things properly honoring
> LINGUAS per old standard GNU conventions. This means installing ALL
> translations if LINGUAS is unset, and none if LINGUAS is set to an empty
> string.
>
> Above said, I also do find a use on some systems for localepurge, to
> catch the packages that don't honor it.
> Though for embedded deployments I might as well not include the
> non-interesting language directories in the image.

Thanks for the useful & polite response. I will look into LINGUAS.
How to set it is not mentioned in make.conf.example or in man make.conf :
where is it documented ?

--
========================,,============================================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca


leio at gentoo

Jan 30, 2012, 4:32 AM

Post #10 of 17 (837 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On E, 2012-01-30 at 06:56 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 120130 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> > Do you even have LINGUAS set in /etc/make.conf or something?
> > Because at least evince, gdk-pixbuf, xkeyboard-config and
> > gnome-doc-utils DO honor LINGUAS.
> >
> > All GNOME packages that use intltool (that is pretty much everything
> > except a few low-level libraries) honor LINGUAS much more than
> > localepurge would ever be able clean afterwards. For example, .desktop
> > files only have translation lines for languages listed in LINGUAS. Same
> > for gconf and dconf schemas. Also all end-user documentation
> > in /usr/share/gnome/help/appname/lang_code/
> >
> > Per above, we would close at least 4 of those bugs as INVALID or at
> > least OBSOLETE (if some older version had it wrong).
> > At least in GNOME we feel quite strong about things properly honoring
> > LINGUAS per old standard GNU conventions. This means installing ALL
> > translations if LINGUAS is unset, and none if LINGUAS is set to an empty
> > string.
> >
> > Above said, I also do find a use on some systems for localepurge, to
> > catch the packages that don't honor it.
> > Though for embedded deployments I might as well not include the
> > non-interesting language directories in the image.
>
> Thanks for the useful & polite response. I will look into LINGUAS.
> How to set it is not mentioned in make.conf.example or in man make.conf :
> where is it documented ?

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml#doc_chap3 covers
this.

I presume you only have things set in /etc/locale.nopurge or so then,
and wrongly expect packages to honor it. Specific packages do not and
can not look at that file, as it's localepurge specific and upstream
projects shouldn't have any knowledge of it.
LINGUAS is the standard environment variable for this with gettext based
systems, and intltool honors it as well. I remember a longer description
of it in some info file, but right now only found
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Installers.html

Bugs are hopefully appreciated by maintainers for packages that don't
honor that environment variable (set via /etc/make.conf). If an upstream
doesn't honor it, they are probably just not using the standard
autoconf/automake glue for it correctly (or use a different build system
support for it wrongly or the build system is suboptimal on this).

Some Gentoo packages also have a LINGUAS USE_EXPAND, so show up in
emerge --verbose --ask world and similar outputs. This is typically used
when extra downloads are necessary for the languages (e.g firefox or
libreoffice per-language packs), and often don't honor the "LINGUAS
unset == all languages" convention.
Packages that don't need any extra downloads or long building time do
not expose this as USE_EXPAND USE flags and just silently work it out in
their build system, and that's the most reasonable approach for us.


Hope this helps,
Mart Raudsepp


purslow at ca

Jan 30, 2012, 6:24 AM

Post #11 of 17 (839 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

120130 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> On E, 2012-01-30 at 06:56 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Thanks for the useful & polite response. I will look into LINGUAS.
>> How to set it is not mentioned in make.conf.example or in man make.conf :
>> where is it documented ?
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml#doc_chap3
> I presume you only have things set in /etc/locale.nopurge
> and wrongly expect packages to honor it.
> Specific packages do not and can not look at that file,
> as it's localepurge specific
> and upstream projects shouldn't have any knowledge of it.
> LINGUAS is the standard environment variable for this
> with gettext based systems, and intltool honors it as well.
> I remember a longer description of it in some info file,
> but right now only found
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Installers.html
> Bugs are hopefully appreciated by maintainers for packages
> that don't honor that environment variable set via /etc/make.conf.

I added a line 'LINGUAS="en"' to make.conf & rebooted,
emerged the 6 pkgs I listed in a previous msg & ran 'localepurge' again.
This time, only 'rekonq' & 'sane-backends' offended.

> If an upstream doesn't honor it, they are probably just not using
> the standard autoconf/automake glue for it correctly
> or use a different build system support for it wrongly
> or the build system is suboptimal on this.

I'm surprised at 'sane-backends', which is a longstanding app,
but 'rekonq' is a recent invention & may need informing re the issue.

> Some Gentoo packages also have a LINGUAS USE_EXPAND,
> so show up in emerge --verbose --ask world and similar outputs.
> This is typically used when extra downloads are necessary for the languages
> (e.g firefox or libreoffice per-language packs)
> and often don't honor the "LINGUAS unset == all languages" convention.
> Packages that don't need any extra downloads or long building time
> do not expose this as USE_EXPAND USE flags and just silently work it out
> in their build system, and that's the most reasonable approach for us.

Yes, I've seen it in output for 'emerge -pv' for FF & LO.

> Hope this helps,

Yes, that's exactly the kind of response users need:
LINGUAS is some way down the doc you refer to & I assumed LANG was enough.

I also realised that as 'localepurge' is a script,
I can move it to /usr/local/bin/ , if it does fall out of the tree.

I will file bugs for the 2 offending pkgs above
& leave the hard-working devs to get on with their other affairs.

--
========================,,============================================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca


waltdnes at waltdnes

Jan 30, 2012, 1:58 PM

Post #12 of 17 (837 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 02:32:13PM +0200, Mart Raudsepp wrote

> I remember a longer description of it in some info file, but right
> now only found
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Installers.html

[...deletia...]

> Some Gentoo packages also have a LINGUAS USE_EXPAND, so show up in
> emerge --verbose --ask world and similar outputs. This is typically used
> when extra downloads are necessary for the languages (e.g firefox or
> libreoffice per-language packs), and often don't honor the "LINGUAS
> unset == all languages" convention.

A question about LINGUAS settings, or the documentation thereof. The
URL you pointed to says "LINGUAS should then contain a space separated
list of two-letter codes, stating which languages are allowed.". But
"emerge -pv firefox" (and others) contains a list of 2 and 5 character
codes, e.g. "en" and "-en_GB -en_ZA". How is that handled?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes [at] waltdnes>


boxcars at gmx

Jan 30, 2012, 4:39 PM

Post #13 of 17 (837 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:09:57 -0500
Mike Frysinger <vapier [at] gentoo> wrote:

> On Sunday 29 January 2012 00:01:50 Philip Webb wrote:

> > Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system
> > update. Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.
>
> the vast majority of that output comes from like 3 or 4 packages.
> file bugs if you want things to actually get fixed.
> -mike

That was only from one week of updates. localepurge routinely cleans
quite a bit for me, though I can't guess how many packages.

I'll start filing bugs (as time permits - this doesn't seem like an
urgent issue to me) and see what happens.

AIUI, LINGUAS is the only variable that should affect what locale stuff
gets installed. Is that right? Before filing bugs, I'd like to be
sure my results aren't because of bad settings on my end.

I have

$ grep -i linguas /etc/make.conf
LINGUAS="en_US en"

$ env | grep LANG
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=

$ env | grep LC_
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

Today's "offender" was webkit, putting a lot of stuff
in /usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/


dirtyepic at gentoo

Jan 30, 2012, 9:26 PM

Post #14 of 17 (840 views)
Permalink
Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:58:30 -0500
"Walter Dnes" <waltdnes [at] waltdnes> wrote:

> A question about LINGUAS settings, or the documentation thereof. The
> URL you pointed to says "LINGUAS should then contain a space separated
> list of two-letter codes, stating which languages are allowed.". But
> "emerge -pv firefox" (and others) contains a list of 2 and 5 character
> codes, e.g. "en" and "-en_GB -en_ZA". How is that handled?

"A locale name is generally named ab_CD where ab is your two (or three)
letter language code (as specified in ISO-639) and CD is your two letter
country code (as specified in ISO-3166)."

Look in /usr/share/locale to get an idea of what is available.


--
fonts, gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets
@ gentoo.org
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


purslow at ca

Jan 31, 2012, 4:50 AM

Post #15 of 17 (834 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

120130 Q wrote:
> I'll start filing bugs (as time permits - this doesn't seem like an
> urgent issue to me) and see what happens.
> Today's "offender" was webkit, putting a lot of stuff
> in /usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/

I've filed bugs 401525 + 401563 for Rekonq + Sane-backends.
I plan to run 'localepurge' every week after I've done a system update
& submit further bugs for each offending pkg.

At least for now, 'localepurge' makes this process much easier,
so it should remain available until all offenders have been reported.

--
========================,,============================================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca


vapier at gentoo

Jan 31, 2012, 7:17 AM

Post #16 of 17 (836 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Monday 30 January 2012 19:39:03 Q wrote:
> AIUI, LINGUAS is the only variable that should affect what locale stuff
> gets installed. Is that right?

yes
-mike
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)


szarpaj at grubelek

Feb 6, 2012, 2:38 PM

Post #17 of 17 (799 views)
Permalink
Re: Re: Dropping localepurge [In reply to]

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:17:56AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2012 19:39:03 »Q« wrote:
> > AIUI, LINGUAS is the only variable that should affect what locale stuff
> > gets installed. Is that right?
>
> yes
> -mike

This should also affect man pages installation? Looking at LC_MESSAGES
it doesn't look that bad. But man pages are out of control.

Piotr Szymaniak.
--
Stajesz sie odpowiedzialny na zawsze za to, co oswoiles.
-- Antoine De Saint-Exupery, "Le Petit Prince"
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

Gentoo dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.